Questions about NYC terminal

kag92

We have booked the Canada/New England cruise on Carnival Glory for October 5,2013.

Yes I know it is early but I am a planner and I like to have my ducks in a row so to speak.

What is the best way to get from LRG airport to the cruise terminal... through carnival tranfers, taxi or shuttle when you get to the airport. Should I book this before we leave home or would there be taxi/shuttle at the airport. We are arriving the day of the cruise.

Also what will be the cost?

Also is there a place I can stop for soda's on the way to the cruise ship?

Not sure what you mean by LRG airport. LGA is LaGuardia, and there are numerous threads here telling you how best to get to each of the cruiseports from each of the airports. And there are literally 1000 places to buy sodas or beer or wine within a couple miles of the Manhattan cruise port.

If there are at least 2 of you traveling, I'd take a cab. Probably about $35-$40. As an above poster said there are literally 1000's of places to buy some snacks/beverages. You can ask the cabbie to stop somewhere near the terminal, , wait, and go in and buy some stuff. But if you get to the terminal early enough, have a porter take your luggage and then walk up a couple of blocks and there will be lots of little markets and stores to buy stuff and then walk back tp the terminal and board.

But don't fly in the day of the cruise. You run the risk of missing the flight should your flight be canceled or delayed and mark my words this can happen. Remember it's not only weather but these things can happen due to a wide range of items including security breaches at airport, or on aircraft, mechanical issues, an airport shutdown, FAA radar problems, insufficient flight personnel, delayed income flights, and the list goes on and on and on.

Fly in the day before.

Keith

Archived