Eze Village for a day (from Villefranche)

nzdisneymom

We'll be in Villefranche in June 2013 as a port stop on a cruise. We want to go to Eze (we have been to Nice and we'll be going to Monte Carlo / Monaco on a separate journey).

So I am hoping someone can give me specific instructions for getting from where the ships tender in Villefranche to Eze Village by train and bus. I think what we need to do is take the train from Villefranche to Eze bord de mere station, and from there take Bus 83 up to Eze Village (towards Plateau de la Justice).

I've been looking for a train schedule to see what times the train would leave from Villefranche and return from Eze bord de mere. I'm also looking to see what the name of the bus stop is that is at the train station for getting the Bus 83 so I can check the times for that as well.

When you disembark the tender boat, where do you go to catch the train?

I also am interested in getting an idea of how much time we should allow for visiting Eze Village. There will be two adults and two teenagers in our party. DH saw a Samantha Brown episode where she was in Eze Village and that's part of why we want to visit there.

I can't help you with the directions. We docked in Cannes and rented a car and drove to Eze.

Eze has a lot of little galleries and shops, dotted all over. If you enjoy art galleries and other "gift" items that are a little higher in quality and price...then allow time for this. If you're inclined to skip all that, you could probably do Eze in 2.5 hours. It is quite small. There are many great photo ops, because it is just so picturesque. The best views are at the top (where you have to pay a fee to get into the cactus garden to reach the very heights). You could have time for a nice lunch...either a pricey restaurant or more of a sandwich stand.

don't get the wrong idea...just because you can visit quickly doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile. It is GORGEOUS. Just not very big.

Eze has a lot of little galleries and shops, dotted all over. If you enjoy art galleries and other "gift" items that are a little higher in quality and price...then allow time for this. If you're inclined to skip all that, you could probably do Eze in 2.5 hours. It is quite small. There are many great photo ops, because it is just so picturesque. The best views are at the top (where you have to pay a fee to get into the cactus garden to reach the very heights). You could have time for a nice lunch...either a pricey restaurant or more of a sandwich stand.

don't get the wrong idea...just because you can visit quickly doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile. It is GORGEOUS. Just not very big.

Thanks so much - this is helpful and it sounds like will make a nice easy (E-ze - LOL) day. good to know about the cactus garden.

• 2 months later...

I envy your plans to visit Eze. I was there on a private tour from Cannes to Nice to Eze to Monace and Montecarlo, while on the Ruby Princess TA last October. Excellent day, and Eze is just delightful!!! I'd go back in a heartbeat!!!

Archived