MCO to Port Canveral rental car/hotel

hlb76

good afternoon

I think we have decided we need to rent a car to get around pre-cruise. Looks like it will be way cheaper than shuttling. My employeer has some good discounts on rentals. I can get the best deal from Budget and Enterprise. We want to make this as hassle free as possible so I was wondering is one easier to return at then the other? I was looking at a map and they look futherest away but if they still offer a shuttle to the port we can deal with a little extra time to save $50+. But too much time does have a vaule as well.

So please share your stories with theese or any other rental company!

I also think we will stay in Cape Canveral... I was reading before Counrty Inn and Suites, Radisson and Ramda are all good choices.

I'm open to any ideas and suggestions. I'm starting to freak out figuring this all out! I kinds and ready to cancel and rebook a place I'm used to sailing out of.

good afternoon

I think we have decided we need to rent a car to get around pre-cruise. Looks like it will be way cheaper than shuttling. My employeer has some good discounts on rentals. I can get the best deal from Budget and Enterprise. We want to make this as hassle free as possible so I was wondering is one easier to return at then the other? I was looking at a map and they look futherest away but if they still offer a shuttle to the port we can deal with a little extra time to save $50+. But too much time does have a vaule as well.

I also think we will stay in Cape Canveral... I was reading before Counrty Inn and Suites, Radisson and Ramda are all good choices.

I'm open to any ideas and suggestions. I'm starting to freak out figuring this all out! I kinds and ready to cancel and rebook a place I'm used to sailing out of.

I believe it is Hertz that is right at the beginning of the driveway for County Inn & Suites......but you may want to call the hotel to be sure I'm right about the company name.

Just to let you know, this thread may get moved to the "Florida Departures" board, but I will be happy to try and answer your question.

We are flying into MCO and renting through Hertz. You can rent a Hertz from the airport and return it to the Hertz in Port Canaveral without a penalty. There may be other rental companies with the same policy, but I don't know specifics.

We are staying at the Residence Inn in Port Canaveral and the Hertz drop-off is in the same parking lot. Residence Inn offers a free breakfast and a shuttle to the port for $6 per person I believe, but Hertz also has one if you are dropping off a car. We will probably take the Hertz shuttle.

Post-cruise we have a reservation with Travelynx Shuttle to take us from the port directly to MCO. I think it was $25 per person.

You can also go to the Florida Departures board and search for Port Canaveral hotels, transportation, etc to get more answers.

Good luck!

We rented from Enterprise before and after our recent cruise and found them very easy to deal with. In fact, on our return, someone went and got the car while I was completing the paperwork so it was waiting for me outside the office.

I'm sure it will get moved as well. I just have no luck getting answers there. :(

I was looking at Hertz as it is closer drop off to where I was looking to stay. but I can rent from another place for about 1/2 the cost.

So I'm trying to decide is it worth the extra $ for a bit of convience? If its not a huge hassle I would love to save the $$ for more exciting things (DOD's, or something) or reasaonable things ( shuttle or rental back to MCO)

I'm sure it will get moved as well. I just have no luck getting answers there. :(

I was looking at Hertz as it is closer drop off to where I was looking to stay. but I can rent from another place for about 1/2 the cost.

So I'm trying to decide is it worth the extra $ for a bit of convience? If its not a huge hassle I would love to save the $$ for more exciting things (DOD's, or something) or reasaonable things ( shuttle or rental back to MCO)

Just FYI......the Residence Inn and the Country Inn & Suites are next door to each other......

all the car rental agencies are on the same road, just down the road from each other. I know when we went we used budget and took their free shuttle to and from the ship. most of the agencies offer free shuttle service to and from the port so one really isnt easier or harder than the other. I'd just go with the one that has the best rate.

good afternoon

Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area (FL521)

3901 N. Atlantic Ave., Cocoa Beach, FL is where we always stay! We've never had anything but a positive experience!

Here's 2 pics of our last room.

Its 2 doors down from Ron John surf on the main Drag!

179688_10150089310374765_304327_n.jpg.6ca956ff677dd27a896fe9f58b0ec57d.jpg

179413_10150089310439765_4500939_n.jpg.1edeebb0d2713af07e74306600634874.jpg

We are doing a fly and snooze package at the Comfort Inn,, it includes a shuttle from the airport tothe hotel, 2 free drinks , breakfast in the morning, shuttle to ship, then after the ship a shuttle back to airport.. for about 205$$ Has anyone done this? Is this a good price?

I think it depends on how many are in your party as to what to do. Although we live about an hour from the port, we have stayed at the Radisson and Residence Inn. We don't stay at Cocoa Beach.

We have had Travelynx take us from our home to the port and return and at times, relatives were going from the ship to the airport. They have great service and are reasonably priced.

Having said that, I would book a rental car when arriving in Orlando, then decide on a hotel and get a shuttle service back to the airport. But here again, not knowing if there are 2 of you or more, it could make a huge difference.

My suggestion is to go to the Ports of Call Board, FL board, the new I work in Pt Canaveral thread, and look at the most recent (20 pages) and see what is recommended etc.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

good afternoon

First of all, don't panic. Breathe. OK now? Good.

We sailed Dream this past April. We rented a car from Budget. We picked it up at MCO for our one hour drive to Cape Canaveral. It was a very easy drive, a straight shot all the way. Ooh, I'm trying to remember if there were tolls. Have change ready.

We stayed at Comfort Inn. It was a decent place with friendly staff. We specifically asked for rooms overlooking the port. We got them, but, sadly, the windows were so dirty outside that we could barely make out anything. Maybe they've since been cleaned?

The next morning, we had breakfast. DH dropped our luggage, oldest DS and me at the port at 8:30. (Yes, we like to arrive early. We were first ones there and made friends with the nice port employees.) Then he and youngest DS drove the 10 minutes to Budget to return the car and hopped on the shuttle back to the port. They were back with us in under half an hour, including the time necessary for paperwork and round trip travel.

It's really very easy and not any hassle at all.

Hope this helps.

good afternoon

We just came back from our cruise last week, and we used Budget. We had no problem with them and they do shuttle you to the terminal, and pick you back up after the cruise. If your planning on renting from them after the cruise. The driver will tell you where to stand.

As somebody else already said all the rental car agencies are down the block from each other so which ever one you pick you will be fine. From the car rental to the terminal was a very short ride.

HI - we rented a car this weekend from Avis got a great rate. Search online and you can find a code that gives like 30% off the rental. an average car is costing us 45 total. no fee for a one way rental. I checked into a car service to pick us up and for 2 people it was $110. way to much money.

We are doing a fly and snooze package at the Comfort Inn,, it includes a shuttle from the airport tothe hotel, 2 free drinks , breakfast in the morning, shuttle to ship, then after the ship a shuttle back to airport.. for about 205$$ Has anyone done this? Is this a good price?

My daughter just booked this for Nov. 2013 cruise for 3 of us and it's 195.00 for 2 plus 40.00 for 3rd person plus tax. We felt this was a good deal plus no hassle of renting car and driving.

It depends on your dates, I saw the fly & cruise at the Hampton for $154-174 depending on the dates. There are links directly to each hotels fly & cruise rates at www.parkingstay.com . Makes it easy to compare.

Budget, Hertz, Enterprise, Avis, and Thifty are all located near each other on A1A (Astronaut Blvd) south of Port Canaveral. Shuttle service is good but it sometimes very busy at peak times. It's easier for everyone if you drop off luggage, family, and friends first at Port Canaveral and then return your rental vehicle at their specific location. The free shuttle ride back to the port takes approximately five minutes. They don't charge you a fee at the port unless you intend to park at the facility. In reference to an overnight stay I liked Country Inn and Suites the best for location, cleanliness, and their pleasant employees.

We used Budget for to/from airport rentals. We waited about 20 minutes in line to drop off which wasn't bad and then another 15 for the shuttle to the port. The shuttles run frequently. Coming back there was no wait for the shuttle. It was a quick ride to Budget and then another 20 minute wait in line for pick up. The issue we had was that we had to wait close to an hour for a car. If you decide on the rental car, make sure your flight is a few hours out.

Archived