My amazing vacation review! 11/7-11/18

SoCalKJ

Awesome awesome awesome!! Thank you so much for the review & pictures. I am sad to see it end..like a good book!! I felt like I was there with you. It was a pleasure to read & thanks so much for the pics of your Rupert..he looks super sweet, love the comment from Scottie about running on the beach :D. Give Rupert an extra belly run from me...lol

Awesome awesome awesome!! Thank you so much for the review & pictures. I am sad to see it end..like a good book!! I felt like I was there with you. It was a pleasure to read & thanks so much for the pics of your Rupert..he looks super sweet, love the comment from Scottie about running on the beach :D. Give Rupert an extra belly run from me...lol

Thank you! :-)

I forgot to ask you- how did you enjoy your excursion in Nassau?? How was the private tour group & was it worth the $, snorkeling, was the beach clean? Most likely will use them also.

Thanks again!!

It was absolutely worth it! It was too windy so parasailing was out, but we got the portion for that back. The snorkeling was in the middle of the water...which is absolutely blue and beautiful...is bluetiful a word? LOL!

When we docked on the little beach area, it was clean...but small...and only those of us on the excursion were on it!

I originally booked through bestonbahamas.com not knowing they were just a booking site. I would definitely book again, only through their actual company (now that I know!) which is paradiseoceansports.com.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey SoCalKJ:

What an awesome Trip Review!!

Funny about your oranges ... when we got off the Liberty in FLL last March, they broke MY oranges over a couple of limes. We brought them on board with us to have with our smuggled vodka and rum cocktails and had a cpl left at the end of the cruise. I only threw them back into my bag because, well .. you never know when a lime necessity might arise.

Now, They didn't catch them on the way ON the ship, but on the way OFF. C'mon now .. I bought them limes at the Publix across the street from the pier in Ft Lauderdale! They wasn't havin NONE of it! Said they might be Mexican Limes from Cozumel, blah blah blah ... so i chuckled and let em keep em!

Went right back across to the same Publix and got me 4 mo limes for the rest of da trip!!

Do another cruise soon ... ur report was a BLAST to read!!

Next cruise is a 3-day weekend Ensenada getaway. Pretty sure that one can be summed up in one paragraph!

Actually, I can probably write the review now...been on it twice before. :-)

Thanks for the kudos! Missed your responses!

Next cruise is a 3-day weekend Ensenada getaway. Pretty sure that one can be summed up in one paragraph!

Actually, I can probably write the review now...been on it twice before. :-)

Thanks for the kudos! Missed your responses!

Just getting caught back up on all my favorite people on here ... had some family health issues goin on here just after the holidays .. so wasnt on here too much during that.

And re: ur Ensenada cruise ... Girrrrrl i know u ain't goin ta Mexico without u takin us wit u!!

Pleeeeez do us up a report! (even a small one!)

Just getting caught back up on all my favorite people on here ... had some family health issues goin on here just after the holidays .. so wasnt on here too much during that.

Oh...I hope everything is okay...that your family is healthy and that your holiday was enjoyable.

And re: ur Ensenada cruise ... Girrrrrl i know u ain't goin ta Mexico without u takin us wit u!!

Pleeeeez do us up a report! (even a small one!)

You know I will! :)

BTW .... Looks like these Jive Turkeys on here have disabled the 'Search' function ... i was trying to search and see if there were any more Cruise Reports by you .. . can you link a brotha up if there are any?

Love how u write and would have a great time reading more by u ! :D

I loved your review for your humor and the fact that you frequently "farted around" likeI do on the ship and in port, but to ultimately learn that you're a Basset owner/lover - HOLY COW - we must be long lost siblings!!!! I have two Bassets - Lady Lucille and Governor Buford (favorite photo of the Govenor attached) are my best friends. Loved your review and look forward to your next review! Take care and remember, we ain't nothing but hound dogs!!!

I fart around a lot! More figuratively than literally! LOL! Thanks for noticing!

Governor Buford is freakin' adorable!! Love, Love, Love him!

Here's a "day-we-got-him" photo side by side with a current....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358053312.339406.jpg.7efaf0f54f9b54b1f450228dc5ff476e.jpg

BTW .... Looks like these Jive Turkeys on here have disabled the 'Search' function ... i was trying to search and see if there were any more Cruise Reports by you .. . can you link a brotha up if there are any?

Love how u write and would have a great time reading more by u ! :D

Thank you, darlin'!

This was the first and only one I've written...and I'm still recuperating! :o

We did Alaska in 2011 and I highly recommend that one! The only things which were disappointing were 1) it was the first cruise of the season so we lost a day...it was Wednesday-Tuesday as opposed to the regular Tues-Tues itinerary, and 2) it was on a repeat ship...Spirit...we did the Mexican Riviera (Acapulco, Manzanillo, Ixtapa) in '05 on her, and while we love the ship, it was like, "oh, her again...um...okay." Other than that, it was freakin' amazing.

I've done a few of the weekend warrior ones out of Long Beach to Ensenada...but I've never actually reviewed anything.

I guess that's gonna change. :eek::)

Thank you, darlin'!

This was the first and only one I've written...and I'm still recuperating! :o

We did Alaska in 2011 and I highly recommend that one! The only things which were disappointing were 1) it was the first cruise of the season so we lost a day...it was Wednesday-Tuesday as opposed to the regular Tues-Tues itinerary, and 2) it was on a repeat ship...Spirit...we did the Mexican Riviera (Acapulco, Manzanillo, Ixtapa) in '05 on her, and while we love the ship, it was like, "oh, her again...um...okay." Other than that, it was freakin' amazing.

I've done a few of the weekend warrior ones out of Long Beach to Ensenada...but I've never actually reviewed anything.

I guess that's gonna change. :eek::)

Girl .... u aint lyin! I never realized till i did my one (and ONLY) Cruise Report how much work went into them! That Photobucket thang ... well, you know what a pain that is!

Keep us all updated on ur travels ! You rock!

Girl .... u aint lyin! I never realized till i did my one (and ONLY) Cruise Report how much work went into them! That Photobucket thang ... well, you know what a pain that is!

Keep us all updated on ur travels ! You rock!

I didn't bother with photobucket...just copied and pasted. Granted, the pics are tiny by comparison but at least they can be seen.

• 1 year later...

I just saw the link to your review that you posted on another thread and since winter is still around and I'm freezing my "you-know-what" off and dreaming of warm sunny beaches, I took an hour and a half to read it and just finished. I missed it when you originally posted because we didn't have any cruises planned...yet...and hadn't spent too much time on CC due to the upcoming holidays and all the fun preparations. We booked Valor (Southern Caribbean) on Jan. 15, 2013, for a sailing in May 2013, two days after the last post and then spent my CC time researching the Port of Call boards. I have to say I loved your review and the way you write, I laughed out loud more than once, actually quite a few times. You're pictures were also great and I love the ones of HMC. We were in HMC in May 2010 and could not get over how pretty it was there. We didn't do any snorkeling since the water was so clear that we didn't think we'd see much. I did find one small, "beached", sand dollar down at the far end by the rocks and made it home. That same cruise also went to Grand Turk, where I found a beautiful sea urchin...that broke less than a minute after I found it when the wind kicked up and took it right out of my hand, smashing it when it landed on the rocks. Again, great review and thanks for sharing the link.

I just saw the link to your review that you posted on another thread and since winter is still around and I'm freezing my "you-know-what" off and dreaming of warm sunny beaches, I took an hour and a half to read it and just finished. I missed it when you originally posted because we didn't have any cruises planned...yet...and hadn't spent too much time on CC due to the upcoming holidays and all the fun preparations. We booked Valor (Southern Caribbean) on Jan. 15, 2013, for a sailing in May 2013, two days after the last post and then spent my CC time researching the Port of Call boards. I have to say I loved your review and the way you write, I laughed out loud more than once, actually quite a few times. You're pictures were also great and I love the ones of HMC. We were in HMC in May 2010 and could not get over how pretty it was there. We didn't do any snorkeling since the water was so clear that we didn't think we'd see much. I did find one small, "beached", sand dollar down at the far end by the rocks and made it home. That same cruise also went to Grand Turk, where I found a beautiful sea urchin...that broke less than a minute after I found it when the wind kicked up and took it right out of my hand, smashing it when it landed on the rocks. Again, great review and thanks for sharing the link.

You're very welcome!! Thanks for reading! I've written a few reviews, but man! They're work!!

About HMC snorkeling...there are so many amazing views under the water! It was like being a little kid again and diving to the bottom of a swimming pool searching for coins! I broke more sand dollars in HMC than on the way back!

I wanna go back! Those bigger multi-colored family cabanas were under construction when we were there, so I'm sure those would be a hoot for a larger party to rent!

Hang in there with your winter! You'll be on your next ship in no time! Alaska is our next one!!

You're very welcome!! Thanks for reading! I've written a few reviews, but man! They're work!!

About HMC snorkeling...there are so many amazing views under the water! It was like being a little kid again and diving to the bottom of a swimming pool searching for coins! I broke more sand dollars in HMC than on the way back!

I wanna go back! Those bigger multi-colored family cabanas were under construction when we were there, so I'm sure those would be a hoot for a larger party to rent!

Hang in there with your winter! You'll be on your next ship in no time! Alaska is our next one!!

You're not kidding about reviews being a lot of work. I finally did one, my first (and probably last) after our Valor cruise. I did it because it's such a port heavy, but very beautiful itinerary, and there is so much to see and do on each of the islands that I thought I'd go ahead and take a crack at it hoping it might be helpful for others who would be on Valor for ideas of things to see and do. After doing that one, I have a much greater appreciation for reviews and the time and work that goes into them.

I'm definitely going to do some snorkeling next time we're in HMC and I heard it's good on both ends by the rocks too. Funny that you mention diving to the bottom of a swimming pool searching for coins, we did that too! I was born in CA (San Jose) and lived there till I was 10. The high school pool was open in the summer for recreational use and on Friday's they'd have races for ribbons and when the races were done, they threw coins in the pool for us to go after. I came home with almost $2.00 once and you'd have thought I hit the jackpot. LOL!!! I've seen pictures of the condo-cabanas that are there now. That would be fun with a good crowd. When we were in HMC the Pirate Ship bar wasn't even there yet...that looks like fun too.

We did book another last minute cruise for April and are going on Liberty to the Western Caribbean this time since it's been awhile that we've been there. We are really looking forward to it. It's sunny and about 70 today but we may get another six inches of snow tomorrow night into Monday. It's been like a roller coaster this winter. I hope you have a wonderful cruise to Alaska, that will be beautiful and also one we'd like to do someday. Saw in your signature that it's Miracle you'll be on - love that ship and great layout and it doesn't seem as crowded for some reason. We did a Western Caribbean on Miracle in 2006.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Funny that you mention diving to the bottom of a swimming pool searching for coins, we did that too! I was born in CA (San Jose) and lived there till I was 10. The high school pool was open in the summer for recreational use and on Friday's they'd have races for ribbons and when the races were done, they threw coins in the pool for us to go after. I came home with almost $2.00 once and you'd have thought I hit the jackpot. LOL!!!

We did book another last minute cruise for April and are going on Liberty to the Western Caribbean this time since it's been awhile that we've been there. We are really looking forward to it. It's sunny and about 70 today but we may get another six inches of snow tomorrow night into Monday. It's been like a roller coaster this winter. I hope you have a wonderful cruise to Alaska, that will be beautiful and also one we'd like to do someday. Saw in your signature that it's Miracle you'll be on - love that ship and great layout and it doesn't seem as crowded for some reason. We did a Western Caribbean on Miracle in 2006.

That's cool! I was actually born in Portland, Oregon (didn't live there long...moved around A LOT) but lived in NorCal (Fairfield) from ages 4-12. We'd go to the public pool all the time! Happy days!

I've not been on the Miracle yet. I booked the Junior Suite (have some regrets, but can't get out of it now) and I'm really looking forward to this getaway: both my & DH's birthdays fall during this cruise so it's gonna be awesome. We did Alaska on the Spirit in 2011...I think they're in the same class...but it'll be cool to explore what makes the Miracle unique. The time CANNOT seem to speed up though....I booked this last June when the rates/itineraries were first posted. So, I suppose 113 days is better than 400+! :-)

That's cool! I was actually born in Portland, Oregon (didn't live there long...moved around A LOT) but lived in NorCal (Fairfield) from ages 4-12. We'd go to the public pool all the time! Happy days!

I've not been on the Miracle yet. I booked the Junior Suite (have some regrets, but can't get out of it now) and I'm really looking forward to this getaway: both my & DH's birthdays fall during this cruise so it's gonna be awesome. We did Alaska on the Spirit in 2011...I think they're in the same class...but it'll be cool to explore what makes the Miracle unique. The time CANNOT seem to speed up though....I booked this last June when the rates/itineraries were first posted. So, I suppose 113 days is better than 400+! :-)

We were on Miracle for an 8 day to Panama before it moved to the west coast. It is the same class as Spirit. I love the secret garden hallway in the front of the boat. Didn't find it until day 4 or so. The only gaudy thing about Miracle is the very purple dining room. :eek:

You need to go on Breeze..guarantee you will go down the slides more than twice. :D

We were on Miracle for an 8 day to Panama before it moved to the west coast. It is the same class as Spirit. I love the secret garden hallway in the front of the boat. Didn't find it until day 4 or so. The only gaudy thing about Miracle is the very purple dining room. :eek:

You need to go on Breeze..guarantee you will go down the slides more than twice. :D

The Breeze, eh?

Will do some research! :-)