Yet another (sort of) first time cruiser!

tessaluvsjesse

:confused::):cool:My husband and I were invited to go on a cruise in March 2013 on Independance of the Seas with some friends. We are going to the caribbean this time. My husband has never been on a cruise before and I would like to make it fun for him of course, but my last cruise was 10 years ago on a much smaller Carnival cruise ship Paradise (which at the time was a non smoking one) and I was with my parents so I didn't have to plan anything for it. I just remember that I loved it! I'm just wondering what differences to expect on this cruise ship and which things people enjoy doing the most. We are going to St. Kitts, St. Martin, Labadee Haiti, and San Juan. Should we stick to cruise line excursions or use independant ones? I'm a newbie at planning this stuff so any suggestions are appreciated!! Also I really want to do some spa services, are any of them worth the money?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You can learn a lot about the cruise ship and cruise line you will be on by posting to the RCI Cruise Line Board and this link will take you there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Also, if you go go the Ports Of Call sections of cruise critic you can read about what to do in each of these ports. In many cases you can plan to do thing on your very own and not take a ships tour and take tours in certain ports.

Keith

Archived