Beach snorkeling?

WisCruiser2

We did the Jolly Pirates last time we were in Aruba - had a great time, but this trip would just like to "beach it" & do some shore snorkeling, even though I keep reading that the snorkeling is not so good....I've seen recommendations for Arashi or Boca Catalina. Which is better? We also like to just sit & read, too -- don't need a bar, but chair rental would be good. Thanks!

Mangel Halto has good snorkeling. The water there is deep and the current is strong. There is no beach there, so to speak of. If you want to go snorkeling there, check out http://www.arubabobsnorkeling.com. They take people snorkeling using water scooters. I've talked to several people who have done this and they all say that it is amazing.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a wonderful time with Stuart. Paid extra for a tour with just my DW and me. Stuart was a wonderful guide, very patient and showed us a lot. Took pictures that he posted for our download. Using the power assist was great on the way back. Have fun!!

I think I'd like to spend the day at eagle beach. Is it difficult to get there from the cruise port? If it is, is there another beach you would recommend? I prefer a full service beach, like orient beach in st. Martin. I'm traveling solo, so would need to share an expensive cab ride. Thanks!

Snorkeling always seemed better to us from a cat/boat than from a beach in Aruba. We no longer snorkel as much as we one did.

DePalm Island has VERY easy snorkeling with lots of blue parrot fish. Great for some but experienced snorkelers would probably not enjoy it as much.

:rolleyes: Just our opinion.

~~~~

• 3 weeks later...

Just came back from Aruba and we went snorkeling at Boca Catalina. Was a wonderful place to snorkel. You need your own gear and food. There are no bathrooms either but there are some shade spots. We walked to the right to where the rocks are & snorkeled there.

Archived