Special breakfast requests on Pearl?

MyLittleGhanima

I'm going on the Pearl in 3 weeks, and I'm wondering what my breakfast options are.

Let me explain: I can't handle sweets in the morning (so no morning muffins, cinnamon rolls or things served with syrup). I can't eat eggs. I eat bacon when hungover and not often even then. Last complimentary hotel breakfast I had I was surprised to find biscuits & gravy. It wasn't even good but I was incredibly grateful for it. But that was up north & I would be very startled to find it on a cruise.

I can't tell from the buffet or MDR descriptions if it might be possible to get made to order breakfast potatoes. All I hear about are made to order omelets or scrambled eggs. I also got the impression that the breakfast options are somewhat limited compared to the other meals.

I'd really love to be able to ask for some leftover soup from the night before heated up (ESPECIALLY on hangover days). If not, I may just plan on getting a pizza at night and saving it for my breakfast.

Suggestions?

I'm going on the Pearl in 3 weeks, and I'm wondering what my breakfast options are.

Let me explain: I can't handle sweets in the morning (so no morning muffins, cinnamon rolls or things served with syrup). I can't eat eggs. I eat bacon when hungover and not often even then. Last complimentary hotel breakfast I had I was surprised to find biscuits & gravy. It wasn't even good but I was incredibly grateful for it. But that was up north & I would be very startled to find it on a cruise.

I can't tell from the buffet or MDR descriptions if it might be possible to get made to order breakfast potatoes. All I hear about are made to order omelets or scrambled eggs. I also got the impression that the breakfast options are somewhat limited compared to the other meals.

I'd really love to be able to ask for some leftover soup from the night before heated up (ESPECIALLY on hangover days). If not, I may just plan on getting a pizza at night and saving it for my breakfast.

Suggestions?

I'm sure the buffet will have all kinds of goodies. Do you like grits? They were on the Jewel buffet a couple of years ago.

I'll be on the Pearl Sunday. If I don't forget, I'll ask.

If you ask, they may make potatoes the way you like.

So very reassuring, thank you!

When I travel I usually wait until 11 or 11:30 when lunch menus are available. It suddenly occurred to me that on port days, that would be a huge problem. I was trying to figure out how to deal. Cold pizza was one thought. Packing a bunch of Ramen noodle cups would be my next thought.

Hell, I may do that anyway. I really like hot soup for breakfast.

Yes, I am strange =)

Or...just don't get "hungover"!!! That's the easiest solution!

Hah! What's the fun in that? I have on the rare occasion suffered the next day after 1 Old Fashioned - whiskey sour. That was with drinking plenty of water before and after.

It's great being a lightweight. And terrible being a lightweight. :D

For just five bucks you can order a pizza any time! And you don't have to settle for a cold one! ;)

I like cold pizza :)

I'm being little miss cheapskate for this trip. Already reconsidering my decision to reserve 3 meals at the extra charge restaurants. They sucked me in with the free bottle of wine online offer. Plus I was worried about crowding and difficulty getting food on embarkation day. Now I'm thinking those comments in reviews referred to people trying to eat lunch, so my reservation wouldn't help.

Tons of stuff at the buffet. I feel like I have seen rice dishes, all kinds of potatoes, grits, ham, bacon, sausage, salmon and other fish, biscuits, chipped beef (not my favorite--but still saw it), platters of cheese, corned beef hash. Also, I am not positive but I feel like there was a crepe station and you could get a crepe stuffed with cheese and all kinds of whatever, made to cook. Not sure but in MDR it seemed like they had steak and eggs on menu--so you could get steak without the eggs.

Archived