Valparaiso tours and airport Trannsfer

SANDAS

Good morning from a very wet UK. I have not been on Silvercloud for a while so thanks to everyone for the recent fantastic pictures. I shall be ending a cruise at Valparaiso on 8th Feb 2013 and see that the only disembarkation cruise SS offers is pretty expensive and looks tiring at this stage of the trip. It includes a visit to a ranch with a rodeo type event. Has anyone done this tour before and what did they think of it?

Also, has anyone used the on-line shareexcursions.com site for any trips and if so what did you think of them? They offer a more basic tour and transfer. Finally does anyone know what SS do with passengers who don't buy the tour but do have inclusive airport transfers? Ship docks at 8am and our flight is not until 10pm - don't want a day at the airport!

Any advice/comments/ideas would be great. Thanks

uksu, as you figure this one out I would also suggest that you post your question about shareexursions on the South America Board and that you get input from others on that board about things to do other than your question about the Silversea transfers.

If you have any interest in visiting wineries consider a private excursion that would include stops at Wineries in the Wine Country which is on the way from Valparaiso to Santiago.

Keith

If Silversea is also looking after your air, then you are likely to be taken to one of the large hotels in Santiago and given access to a day room, before a later transfer to the Airport.

I would suggest that you or your TA contact SS and find out what the likely arrangements are going to be, and then you can always consider doing something from the hotel or getting a day room.

When we got off the Spirit in January this year the Grand Hyatt in Santiago was being used by SS for those guests departing on afternoon and evening flights.

Thanks for this Silver Spectre. I have emailed SS but they have still not replied. Last time I had a similar question they just said I would be told once the cruise was under way but I like to know in advance. As I have found that this site is usually very helpful I thought I would use it and see what answers I got. As usual I have had some helpful responses.

Archived