Best way from Aulani to Port?

Robin122

We are staying at Aulani Resort for 6 nights before our cruise. Since there is no place that has rental car returns @ the port, how do you think is best to get from Aulani Resort to the port? Taxi would be pretty darn expensive since Aulani is about 20 miles from Honolulu. (there will be 3 of us - 2 adults and 1 eight year old)

Thanks,

Robin

Have you checked with Disney for airport-Aulani (and back)transport? Then getting from the airport to the port is relatively easy.

Or return your rental to the airport, but before you do, drop everyone (and the bags) at the pier, return the car, and either look at a car rental shuttle, or taxi to the pier from the airport. These options have been discussed frequently on this board.

I've pondered that thought (returning our rental to the airport etc) but my husband is a very nervous traveler. He'd be convinced that I'd never make it back to the port from returning the car (and he does not drive in strange places) I love him, but he can be a real PITA sometimes! LOL

If we did that, we'd have to go as a family, return the car, haul all the luggage etc to find a taxi and then go to the port. I'm hoping to avoid that.

Unless it has changed, Aulani does not have any transfer options at all - either to the airport or the cruise port.

In reading here have found that some rental companies (think

K Thrifty) will take you by shuttle to port. Check with the individual rental company. Or last resort drop off rest of your party at port, return rental, and then take TheBus back to port from HNL.

• 2 months later...

Aulani also has a shuttle (which I think might be free) that runs between Waikiki and Aulani. Does not run very often. I "think" it's to shuttle folks in to see timeshare presentations. Might inquire about it. Then catch a bus (#19 or 20) or taxi from Waikiki to the port. The buses stop 2 blocks from Aloha Tower Marketplace (corner of Alakea St and Ala Moana Blvd) which is very close to the port.

Aulani does have airport transfers you can buy.

We have taken a rental car back to the airport from Aulani. You can then catch a bus or taxi to port if you don't find a good shuttle option. Be sure to give yourself at least 45 minutes to an hour to get to the airport (more if rush hour) and another hour to get to the port if jumping on a bus.

We stayed at the Aulani last year and loved it. Since you will have a car, why not return your rental car to the location you rent it from and take a taxi or shuttle to the port? I think several rental car companies have complimentary shuttles to the port. If you are picking up your rental car at the HNL airport it is a short taxi ride from there to the port. Hope this helps and you have a great time. Cherie

Archived