Taxi from Ocho Rios to Falls?

hartskys

Yes, we are docking at Ocho Rios - how do we get the correct taxi? And we can setup for the same driver to pick us up? It makes me a little nervous doing it on our own but this is also the 4th time we have been there so didn't want to spend the money on a full tour. There will be 4 of us - do you know how much the taxi would be one way or round trip - thanks a bunch :)

Yes, we are docking at Ocho Rios - how do we get the correct taxi? And we can setup for the same driver to pick us up? It makes me a little nervous doing it on our own but this is also the 4th time we have been there so didn't want to spend the money on a full tour. There will be 4 of us - do you know how much the taxi would be one way or round trip - thanks a bunch :)

No clue about cost, but I wouldnt imagine it costing much, dunns river is pretty close to the dock. Just look out for one of the JUTA taxis and take one of those, and yet, can arrange pick up with him as well, and even if he's late, there's a juta stand at dunns river you can arrange for another taxi to come get you. :)

at Ocho

just go out to the taxi stand and tell the dispatcher you want a taxi to DRF .. only JUTA gets into the port area

last time I was there it was $20 US per person round trip which is outrageus but the 'fixed fare' (I've walked from the piers to drf)

You will be put into a bus/taxi and others might have booked a tour ..... this IS the way it is done. A taxi in JA is a tour bus, for cruise ships anyway.

You will be dropped off at DRF and they will 'tell you' when they will pick you up based on one, guide led, "tourist climb".

I tell 'em when I want to be picked up .... I spend a few hours at DRF, not one climb.

If your driver does not show up (surprise!) there is a dispatcher there and he will put you in another taxi - he KNOWS u paid for the r/t. They will offer to drop you off at shopping areas or M'Ville .....

Archived