Salmon Run/Salmon Bake

*pixie*

We are planning an Alaskan cruise in mid August 2013. In Juneau, we are planning on a whale watching/fishing exursion. Our other two ports are Skagway and Ketchikan. We would love to see the salmon run and go to a salmon bake. Is there anywhere in either of these ports to see the salmon run? Doesn't necessarily need to be an actual excursion, would actually prefer to do it on our own. As far as the salmon bake, I found the Liarsville Gold Rush Trail Camp and Salmon Bake, but would prefer something with just the salmon bake as I don't see the members of our group being interested in the other activities.

Thanks so much for your help!

If the salmon are running you cannot miss them in Ketchikan they will be in the creeks right along the streets you will be walking.

Great! So we can truly do this on our own without booking anything? It would be great to see the salmon, do a little shopping, and have some lunch.

You also won't miss them in Skagway. Look in both ports.

Liarsville is likely the only salmon bake available to you, unless you can fit it in Juneau?

There are places you can eat salmon in both, but Liarsville is the only "bake".

You also won't miss them in Skagway. Look in both ports.

Liarsville is likely the only salmon bake available to you, unless you can fit it in Juneau?

There are places you can eat salmon in both, but Liarsville is the only "bake".

I'm pretty sure we won't have time in Juneau. Probably a stupid question, but is there something "special" about the bake? I guess really we were just wanting to eat fresh salmon.

I'm pretty sure we won't have time in Juneau. Probably a stupid question, but is there something "special" about the bake? I guess really we were just wanting to eat fresh salmon.

There is nothing like fresh Alaskan salmon. :) So, yep, it's "special". :)

Archived