The Splendor and Misery of Celebrity: Eclipse and S-Class Ships Review in Pictures

cruisetrail

This is an interesting thread especially since the first Celebrity ship I sailed on was the Eclipse last January. We enjoyed that cruise so much that we are sailing on the Reflection next month. Everyone has their own preferences and even though I may not agree with this OP, it is his opinion and the photos are great and brought back some good memories.

I'm enjoying the thread. I don't agree with many of the design opinions, but they are informed and interesting. I never paid attention to the curve in the cabin before, I now understand its purpose.

Say what you want, cruisetrail knows his stuff.

Do you mean the balcony cabins? Clever design to maximise a limited space isn't it? :)

To the person (people? I don't remember if it was asked more than once) asking if these are Cruisetrail's own pictures, I believe many of them are not his originally, due to having seen them on other threads and pictoral reviews done by others in the past. (Also due to his failing to answer the question, but responding to other posts)

It is quite the set of photos, though, and nice to have them all in one place.

Do you mean the balcony cabins? Clever design to maximise a limited space isn't it? :)

This idea is not new. This is a derivative of the "head-to-toe sleeping".

Not a sign of luxury though.

Answering your question.

Yes, all photos are mine, of course (except for a couple of aerial views - possibly later in this thread).

No, the agenda is not mine. Ask someone else.

I did not see a connecting door inside 7107 neither in the "parents bedroom", nor in the "kids bedroom".

There might be (?) an external "connection" with extra doors - similar to hump cabins. But I don't remember this particular detail about 7107.

A necessary correction.

There is a misprint in the Family Cabin number.

One photo of 7107 has 7105 number on it that is a misprint.

Obviously it's the same cabin on the photos.

So I am reposting phtos of a Family Cabin (Deck 7)

Sorry about the misprint!:)

2ytxz68.jpg

qraioy.jpg

v6rexh.jpg

ff6aub.jpg

7107 as it appears on Celebrity deck plans.

8y6sqp.jpg

Other cabins

Celebrity Eclipse features 44 mini-suites (Sky Suites on Celebrity deck plans).

There are 2 types of Sky Suites.

The most numerous are category S2 - 24 cabins facing sides of the ship, and 6 cabin facing aft.

These cabins are "one and a half window wide" - somewhat 50% wider than standard balcony cabins.

Most of them are located on deck 12 right below the buffet.

1zb52x4.jpg

an0xoh.jpg

2cmlob6.jpg

Ironically, these Sky Suites balconies (facing sides) are located under infamous Celebrity "overhang" of the upper deck, so there is actually no sky there. Huge overhang supports spoil the views.

However, some people like this location.

sl5ylf.jpg

2r6penr.jpg

To be continued...

Just a little question: how see-through are those screens between balconies? If a person - not this person, I hasten to add - was prone to being naked within the privacy of their room, including the balcony, can they be seen through the screen? :eek:

Just a little question: how see-through are those screens between balconies? If a person - not this person, I hasten to add - was prone to being naked within the privacy of their room, including the balcony, can they be seen through the screen? :eek:

Zero see thru.

Its an illusion.

Feel free (not you) to go naked but maybe not whilst in Port.

You can see shape outlines and movement but that's all, however, the Bridge can see all the side balcony cabins, as our Captain reminded us during his morning announcement, in his words of wisdom section :D

Archived