Need help: VIP boarding for us, what about our kids?

dadof2boys

Alright, my DW and I will be cruising on the BREEZE in just 13 short days. We will be cruising with our 2 boys (2 and 5 years old) along with my in-laws. Here is my question:

My DW and I are both platinum, our 5 year old is booked in our cabin so I understand that he will be able to board with us in the priority section. However, our two-year old is booked in my in-laws cabin, none of which are platinum (DS is gold, we'll get 'em there). Anyhow, will they let our two-year old board with us? Or make him go with my in-laws? That won't go over well with him. So that means if they won't let him board with us, then we will just board in the regular line with in-laws.

It's our first time boarding being platinum, that's why I'm maybe a little excited to try it.

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to know what to expect.

We have done this also. Whoever has their sail and sign cards linked to your credit

card is allowed to board platinum with you. Then you transfer them to their own

credit card when on board. Our PVP suggested it. We were able to have our picture

taken as a family.

We were not able to have our children board with us since they were not Plat. They key cards are in a different location. We went on our line, then went with them to their line a pain in the neck to say the least.

It's my understanding that anyone in you're group can board with you. Could be wrong though. And if I am there will be no shortage of people to let me know :)

Ok....I'll be the first.

You're wrong. LOL

Minor children (even if in a separate cabin) can go with the Plat.

If you want others in another cabin to go with, they must have their S&S card linked to the Plat's credit card. This means onboard purchases will be charged to the Plat's credit card.

We were not able to have our children board with us since they were not Plat. They key cards are in a different location. We went on our line, then went with them to their line a pain in the neck to say the least.

Were they adults?

We often have this issue. We bring our non platinum travelers on board by putting their S&S cards under our cc. Once on board they transfer their cards to their cc. We do this as kids in with grandparent or aunt.

Thanks for teaching me how to scam the system. Any other tips, like how to share a drink package or ?????????????

Ok....I'll be the first.

You're wrong. LOL

Minor children (even if in a separate cabin) can go with the Plat.

If you want others in another cabin to go with, they must have their S&S card linked to the Plat's credit card. This means onboard purchases will be charged to the Plat's credit card.

Theres one, still waiting for the other 50 Sorry but I still think I'm right. Lol. Carnival may say you can do it, but I know some of the ports will let you. One of the ports in FL is the one who let us do it. And when I'm talking about everyone in you're group, I'm not talking about a group of 100. I'm sure they will draw the line somewhere. We had a group of. 9 ppl, it's not like there is any monetary lose for Carnival to let them on so they can stay with the group. But better safe than sorry, attach them to you're S&S with you're CC. All's well ends well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we left out of Jacksonville, my parents were VIP for Handicap and they let my husband and I board with the two of them. It was nice since it was all of our first cruise and we were able to get our first picture taken together.

Just off the Magic. 3 cabins 7 pax. Husband and I are platinum. 2 minor children, grandma and grandad with one child in cabin. Grandma and other child in cabin. I paid for all 3 rooms, and my credit card was used for all sail and sign cards. I also thought that if I linked all cabins with my credit card that all of us would be able to go through the Platinum line.

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

It was a mess. Carnival told me that this was changed about 30 days ago and that only Platinum could go through the Platinum line. I asked about my kids and they said they could go with us but the grandparents had to go through the other line. We had to WAIT for Carnival to get the kids cards because they were not with ours. Needless to say grandparents made it through the lines quicker then my husband, kids and I. This was very frustrating. Yes I was hoping that I could keep my family together. Parents in thier 70's.

I am fine that they changed this rule but it was not what we had been told. I will have a problem with this if they do not figure out a way to keep your minor children keys with the parents. Our kids have all ways had thier own room. One adult and one child per cabin. If the cards are seperate and you have to wait for someone to go get your kids cards (they are gold, wish they were plat.) then they need to rethink this rule. The purpose for us being Platinum when boarding is to be able to move qucikly, with little wait time and get on that ship. When it took less time for the grandparents to go through the regular line, I see a problem.

If they've changed the rules, they need to update the website.

This is from the FAQs:

Priority Check-In Program

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum, Diamond VIFP guests, those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special registration privileges and guests who purchase the Faster to the Fun program. Cruise tickets for Platinum, Diamond VIFP guests, those traveling in deluxe accommodations and those who have purchased the Faster to the Fun program will read, "Please proceed to Priority Check-In".

Qualifying guest need only to ask for “Priority Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

We offer Priority Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the four categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the Priority Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified Priority guest.

If it were me traveling with minor children or having another cabin on my credit card, I would take a copy of this with me. We all know that with Carnival, sometimes the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

I don't doubt that non-Plats who do not fall under these categories were allowed to board with the Plats. I've seen it myself once. The Plats held up the line arguing with the rep about it until she just gave in.

And many pax have come back and reported that non-Plats were allowed with no problems.

I'm just saying...this is the "rule" published on the website. Be prepared to be told no if you do not fall under one of these categories.

If they've changed the rules, they need to update the website.

This is from the FAQs:

Priority Check-In Program

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum, Diamond VIFP guests, those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special registration privileges and guests who purchase the Faster to the Fun program. Cruise tickets for Platinum, Diamond VIFP guests, those traveling in deluxe accommodations and those who have purchased the Faster to the Fun program will read, "Please proceed to Priority Check-In".

Qualifying guest need only to ask for “Priority Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

We offer Priority Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the four categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the Priority Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified Priority guest.

If it were me traveling with minor children or having another cabin on my credit card, I would take a copy of this with me. We all know that with Carnival, sometimes the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

I don't doubt that non-Plats who do not fall under these categories were allowed to board with the Plats. I've seen it myself once. The Plats held up the line arguing with the rep about it until she just gave in.

And many pax have come back and reported that non-Plats were allowed with no problems.

I'm just saying...this is the "rule" published on the website. Be prepared to be told no if you do not fall under one of these categories.

You need to read a little closer, I said Carnival may not want you to do it, but some ports, or at least some of the workers at the ports will let you do it. BUT, to be safe just attach them to you're S&S card with you're CC. Either way, even if I am wrong, in this case the OP will be just fine, his kids will board with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been through this situation because my DH and I are the only plats in a family group of 10-14 on any given year. Last year my DH and I went through the VIP Line and checked in at the VIP lounge. We then went out and waited with the rest of our group for their zone to be called and boarded with them. We only waited about 10 minutes at the most. I can't imagine boarding alone and not getting our family boarding photo together. Honestly I dont care about the Plat perks that much. To me, the boarding, including the lines and waiting for your zone to be called, is all part of the fun.And now that anyone with $50 bucks can be a VIP it really means nothing.

My honey and I are platinum. My 84 year old dad is not-- almost but not there yet.

He cruises with us in his inside cabin solo since my mom has passed away.

I link his charge using my credit information. He has boarded with me on our past cruises.

Our documents are complete and he is on my account as well.

if they did change the rule they better tell people.

I do understand the rules--- but give the rules to everyone not just a chosen few.

I am understanding that this could be for the two people who are platinum and are cruising with the entire family in 12 cabins and think they all should be able to board together with them

My honey and I are platinum. My 84 year old dad is not-- almost but not there yet.

He cruises with us in his inside cabin solo since my mom has passed away.

I link his charge using my credit information. He has boarded with me on our past cruises.

Our documents are complete and he is on my account as well.

if they did change the rule they better tell people.

Archived