Inside vs Oceanview

sweetcurves

I've only ever stayed in OV. I loved having a window, and watching the sea go by.

How claustrophobic is an inside? It's my sister and I. Space isn't really an issue, but I'm worried not having a window will make me anxious.

I just can't imagine having to go all the way up up to another deck to see what the weather is like. But an inside on our current cruise is $180 less each. That's a lotta bones!

Also, if it's before final payment, can I downgrade from an OV to an inside? If it's not possible, than this whole thread is sort of pointless! LOL :D

I've only ever stayed in OV. I loved having a window, and watching the sea go by.

How claustrophobic is an inside? It's my sister and I. Space isn't really an issue, but I'm worried not having a window will make me anxious.

I just can't imagine having to go all the way up up to another deck to see what the weather is like. But an inside on our current cruise is $180 less each. That's a lotta bones!

Also, if it's before final payment, can I downgrade from an OV to an inside? If it's not possible, than this whole thread is sort of pointless! LOL :D

if you booked ES, you cannot downgrade. We've stayed in inside and oceanviews, and my opinion - it's not bad at all. We are out and about all the time - only in our cabins to change clothes and sleep. We are the kind of people who like to go exploring and mingle :)

if you booked ES, you cannot downgrade. We've stayed in inside and oceanviews, and my opinion - it's not bad at all. We are out and about all the time - only in our cabins to change clothes and sleep. We are the kind of people who like to go exploring and mingle :)

Thanks for the answers!!!

We did book ES so I guess I'm "stuck" with my double wide OV cabin (1438).

:D

The reason inside cabins go for a reduced fare close to cruising date is because they are usually the few cabins still available. Most anyone who is given the chance upgrades if offered an OV or a balcony so more insides open up...and they open up for a reason.

I would never book an inside again (and haven't for over 30 years) because I do find it the black hole from hell...no matter how little time I spend in it. We ended up leaving the bathroom light on 24/7. We never ordered room service, enjoyed our morning coffee by the light of a rising sun, or drifted off to sleep with a full moon shining outside our window. Just some of the things I find "special" on a cruise.

We have had 2 insides and one OV. never again will we get an OV, total waste of money for us. Daytime we are out of the cabin in port or somewhere. I am up and out at 5 or 6, my wife and daughter easily by 7. We commonly return once before dinner briefly, but not always. Then we are back in the cabin for the night by 7:30/8:30 for daughters (7 years old) bedtime.

The darkness is great for sleeping. My sister loves a balcony, so to each there own, but we are oretty sure we will never get a OV/balcony.

The reason inside cabins go for a reduced fare close to cruising date is because they are usually the few cabins still available. Most anyone who is given the chance upgrades if offered an OV or a balcony so more insides open up...and they open up for a reason.

I would never book an inside again (and haven't for over 30 years) because I do find it the black hole from hell...no matter how little time I spend in it. We ended up leaving the bathroom light on 24/7. We never ordered room service' date=' enjoyed our morning coffee by the light of a rising sun, or drifted off to sleep with a full moon shining outside our window. Just some of the things I find "special" on a cruise.[/quote']

Yikes, now you have me worried. I am somewhat claustrophobic. My issue is more in a place where I feel I cannot get out though (like a locked car, elevator, etc. bothers me). At home and at work I close my blinds almost all the time so the light is there but not.

I don't really want to upgrade because we are on lido deck, which is somewhere I have always wanted to be and the OV cabins are on the low decks. can't afford to upgrade to balcony right now.

I am also hoping that the lack of sunlight helps dd sleep in a little. Last cruise she must have heard the CD say that you can sleep when you get home and took it to heart. LOL. She barely napped all cruise. Cranky toddler on vacation is not much of a vacation!

I always had an inside cabin until a person going with us wanted a balcony. Now, I could never go back to an inside and I would have to have at least an OV. I don't spend a ton of time in the cabin, but when I am there, having a window helps my motion sickness. And I love having natural light in the cabin.

Yikes, now you have me worried. I am somewhat claustrophobic. My issue is more in a place where I feel I cannot get out though (like a locked car, elevator, etc. bothers me). At home and at work I close my blinds almost all the time so the light is there but not.

Don't worry about it. You're gonna have a wonderful time. Having an inside cabin is just like being in a hotel room at night IMO. In fact, I LOVE having the nice dark cabin in the afternoon, so I can nap, and then stay up and party late into the night. If you want to find out what the weather is, without leaving the cabin, turn on the TV to the bow camera. No problem. :D

"SKY"

We usually get an inside cabin. Our first cruise I got an oceanview and never looked out the window. So the second time I got an inside to save money and it was just the same for us.

I did splurge for an obstructed balcony on my DD's graduation cruise but I only sat out on the balcony because I felt like I had to since I spent the money on it.

I think it really just depends on you. Some are fine with no windows/balcony, some are not.

If you do have an inside cabin some time, you can turn on the tv to the webcam and see what the weather is like outside. No need to go up on deck to check the weather.

Maggie

I stayed in OV and Inside. We only choose OV if we have kids with us. If it is 3 or less we stay in Inside. I do like the window and extra space of OV. However, for the price difference, we look at it like we can purchase a nice excursion or have more spending money and give up the window/extra space.

When we can afford it I love to get a balcony but will also take on IS anytime. We do b2bs because it costs so much to fly we might as well make the most of it - we will get an OV one leg and IS for the other leg. We spend so little time in our cabin - other than changing, sleeping, whatever that we could be in a closet for all I care as long as I am on a ship. I absolutely love how dark it is and have the best sleeps - I take a small nightlight and put it in the bathroom and leave the door ajar for my nightly forays. I will order coffee for the morning and that is my wakeup call

On our first cruise my DW fell in love with the window, especially the large one you can sit in. My first thought was the same as many of the posts, you are never in the cabin. I have changed my mind, I enjoy getting up early, opening the curtain and letting in the sunrise.

We are booked on the Freedom on 4/19/14 To save money we booked an inside, but with a walkway view. We are on the Lido deck. So we get the best of both worlds. The cheapest price but a room with a window. Most all ships offer these rooms. Its a 4J inside.

Sea-u-onboard

Glen/ Stephanie

Las Vegas,NV

We are booked on the Freedom on 4/19/14 To save money we booked an inside, but with a walkway view. We are on the Lido deck. So we get the best of both worlds. The cheapest price but a room with a window. Most all ships offer these rooms. Its a 4J inside.

Sea-u-onboard

Glen/ Stephanie

Las Vegas,NV

Yup a walkway or porthole would have been fine with me but when we booked, they were all gone already.

I don't think I could do an inside. I need the window. I spent a fair amount of time just watching the water go by. I also think it helped me deal with motion sickness. I'm one of those people who can't read/text in the car or on a bus or plane because I have to see that I'm in motion or I'm puking.

I'll just settle into the idea that I'll never cruise for $300. LOL

Archived