2013 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

davesgirl51

Sean will be going to Getaway as well

Wonderful, I hope he is still there when I cruise on her in November of 2014. I had fun talking with him at the Latitudes gathering and the M&G on the Star. One lasting memory of my cruise last year is Sean waving goodbye to me as I departed the ship.

Does anyone have any Officer updates for the Dawn? I will be on her in less than a month. I keep seeing reviews but no one comes here to let us know anything about the Officers. Several of us have asked in the last couple of months without responses. I do know about Virginia.

Wonderful, I hope he is still there when I cruise on her in November of 2014. I had fun talking with him at the Latitudes gathering and the M&G on the Star. One lasting memory of my cruise last year is Sean waving goodbye to me as I departed the ship.

Does anyone have any Officer updates for the Dawn? I will be on her in less than a month. I keep seeing reviews but no one comes here to let us know anything about the Officers. Several of us have asked in the last couple of months without responses. I do know about Virginia.

Yes Sean is in a class by himself awesome person and awesome HD. He rocks

Suzanne

So, just learned that Omar will be the Concierge on the Star during our Baltic sailing in June. Anyone have experience with him?

I cruised with Omar on the Sun in January. He is very nice and high energy. I had no issues with him. Be interesting how he deals with the twice as many suites on the Star. He was handicapped on the Sun with no hand phones. All requests had to go to voice mail .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

When I was on the Sky this passed weekend, I heard that Jean Michel (Jade HD) was moved from the Jade to the Gem. Does anyone know if this is true? I would love to sail with Jean Michel again!

Last I knew Jenny Lim is HD on Gem

bumping up for weekend updates :D

Sean Wurmhoeringer joining Breakaway on May 19 until end September. He will share HD duties with Denis Prguda until July when Denis goes on vacation the assume all hotel director duties July 21.

Suzanne

The Star is going through changes not for the better in my opinion. Hopefully NCL will come to their senses and make Yannis Kazalis a full HD not part time

I wholeheartedly agree. He's way more than qualified and does an excellent job.

Sean Wurmhoeringer joining Breakaway on May 19 until end September. He will share HD duties with Denis Prguda until July when Denis goes on vacation the assume all hotel director duties July 21.

Suzanne

That is awesome news! Outside of the man himself, Klaus, no one we've had would be more preferred.

As for Klaus, I trust with Sean on board, there's little chance he would still be there on the 19th.

Edited by Tomct

That is awesome news! Outside of the man himself, Klaus, no one we've had would be more preferred.

As for Klaus, I trust with Sean on board, there's little chance he would still be there on the 19th.

Yes Sean is the best he will be bringing out Getaway as well

Suzanne

http://www.ncllatitudesmagazine.com/tabid/115/default.aspx

Looks like the Breakaway will have many Crusie directors!!??

I met Julie on our first cruise in 2002, when she worked on the CD's staff on the Star. I had several conversations with her, one atop the water slide where she was stationed to control when you could go down. Not many kids that day, and I recalled her thinking she might return to Canada after her contract was up.

I've followed her career on this message board as best as I could, hoping to cross paths with her again. In 2005 we were in Bermuda on the Majesty out of Boston, and she was an Assistant CD on the Crown out of NYC. Our ships were in St. Georges together for one day, but that was as close as I got.

I finally met up with her in 2010 on the Epic, where she was one of the CD's. She pretty much kept a low profile working with the Entertainment side, but it was great to see her, now a beautiful young woman, and of course with a personality to match. I'm looking forward to seeing her again.

Suzanne, any idea of why the are bouncing so many around the Star? Doesn't make sense! Making it a dumping ground???

I love the ship, but it seems the crew can't stay put.

Sad what they are doing to Star. I feel bad for the crew.

Suzanne

I may be able to offer some insight on the movement of personnel. It is not only the Star. Most of the senior officers are being moved from ship to ship in three years or less. Maybe the timing makes it seem that the Star is being targeted, but that is not the case.

I may be able to offer some insight on the movement of personnel. It is not only the Star. Most of the senior officers are being moved from ship to ship in three years or less. Maybe the timing makes it seem that the Star is being targeted, but that is not the case.

I have absolutely no insight on what might be happening with Star movements, but as for Sean, having watched him and sailed with him as he moved from Food & Beverage Director to Asst. HD to HD, he was assigned to many new ships as they came out, as Klaus certainly knew it was a safe assignment to have Sean at his side. This move to have him onboard along with Denis seems like a "no brainer", between the two of them the Breakaway should be in great shape until Denis leaves for vacation. Sean also was one of the two HD's that brought out the Epic.