$5 Laundry deal??? Island Princess

dawnprincess

Hi! We've heard from fellow cruisers that during their cruise on the Regal Princess, there was a deal offered for $5 for as much laundry as you could cram into one of their laundry bags. We will be sailing on the October 8th Hawaii cruise on the Island Princess. Anyone know if this was offered on the Island -- or anyone know if this is a deal offered on ALL Princess ships? Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

We did this deal twice on our 18 day cruise on the Regal but I remember it was something like 15.00 and though the bag was small, we had it overflowing!!! Princess sometimes does this "deal" but the announcement I believe comes a day or two before the offer. However, I don't know if it is on the Island.

actually I think laundry is a great common denomonator. It is a nice time to meet people half way through the trip. I have met the nicest people in the laundry rooms.

We were on the Island, 15 day to Hawaii in April, heard from the boards it was $15 and we were looking for it and it was never offered. Other strange thing: We got a flyer for the balcony breakfast, but others from the cruise critic group did not. Do they offer these things to some cabins and not others??

actually I think laundry is a great common denomonator. It is a nice time to meet people half way through the trip. I have met the nicest people in the laundry rooms.

Me, too. :) And I kind of like doing some of the trivialities of life on vacation.

I do use the ship's laundry for things that need dry-cleaning, though. It's really reasonably priced.

We were on the Island, 15 day to Hawaii in April, heard from the boards it was $15 and we were looking for it and it was never offered. Other strange thing: We got a flyer for the balcony breakfast, but others from the cruise critic group did not. Do they offer these things to some cabins and not others??

Hi Nrknits!

The balcony breakfast is only offered to rooms with balconies, could that have been the issue? It's always possible that the flyer never made it into their mail slot (or somehow disappeared). The cost on the Diamond (in January) was $25 for two - maybe the price changed?

Shar

On our May 21st Alaska cruise on the Coral there was a one day $20 "Bag It Special" for laundry. One problem... the offer said that bags would be accepted until 11:00 Sunday morning which happened to be the second day of the cruise. Maybe the offer was for those that took the Denali tour the week before the cruise..

It wasn't offered, when we were on the Island in December. I don't remember it being offered on our last few cruises, or we would of taken advantage of the offer.

It wasn't offered on the Island's last Hawaii sailing in April either.

But, on my Sun Princess cruise in January, they did have such an offer. But it wasn't $5.00; rather it was $15 for all the laundry you can stuff into this little bag. Only washing ... no pressing, dry cleaning, etc.

You'd be surprised how much you can stuff in there if you carefully roll everything. I got three pairs of jogging pants and something like five or six tee-shirts in there.

Everything came back nicely hung on hangers.

Well worth the $15 in my opinion.

Blue skies ...

--rita

On the Regal last year the laundry deal was $15, but I also felt it was well worth it. We were able to put quite a bit in the bag, and as the poster above said, everthing came back neatly folded or on a hanger. I don't know if I have seen this offered on a 7 day cruise. I wonder if it is only offered on cruises 10 days or longer. Anyone know?

It's always possible that the flyer never made it into their mail slot (or somehow disappeared).

Shar

Probably this question should be a separate thread, but does anyone know WHY Princess has these mail slots OUTSIDE the door instead of just having the steward leave the papers in an "inbox" in your room? Seemed to me that we were missing A LOT of things that other folks got (including our disembarkation luggage tags) and it's hard to know whether the steward just didn't leave them, or if someone passing by thought our stuff would make a nice extra souvenir for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I read somewhere that passengers in Suites have a free laundry service. Has anyone else heard this or know of anything like this.. We will be on the CP July 9, 2005. in a Vista Suite. I think D737.

Thanks

Archived