Keep your curtains closed in Nassau!

mrskitkat

Just got back from a cruise with a stop in Nassau. There were 6 ships in port and we were next to some ships much cooler then ours. After we had to be back on board we decided to go on deck and look at the other ships. It was dark by 6pm and imagine our surprise when we could see several people changing, using the bathroom, and one guy even taking a shower! That full wall window in your shower might seem like a good idea but just be careful while in port. My husband laughed when I closed our curtain but I had the final laugh.

Pictures or it didn't happen!!!

Just kidding :)

This phenomena exists on land too; people forget that just because they can't see out, doesn't mean everyone else can't see in.

And a full wall window in the shower? I have to know what cruise line that is!

Was it NCL's Epic?

EpicBathroom.jpg

:D

I've sailed on Epic and while the shower is exposed with a glass enclosure, it is frosted and even in the room it was difficult to see more than a shadow. Now if someone stepped out of the shower to dry off......:D

Obviously replied before reading all posts - we stayed in a regular balcony.

I always leave my curtains open...I don't know them' date=' they don't know me. Besides, I'd hope that the hunk across the way would definitely leave his curtains open....though some things are just too small to see from a distance.[/quote']

Ha!

Wow, I could not imagine the views with those bathrooms. LOL.

Wow....really can not believe the "brilliance" of these designs, the designers had the lightbulbs in their heads unscrewed...wow..what a goof...really surprised..chuckles...

Makes the 200% inside as a single look better and better on any ship...wow...Sarah

Some years ago we were on a RCL voyager class ship tied up to the pier in Cozumel and on the other side of the pier was a freedom class ship which has several more decks. We were on the deck above the Lido looking at the other RCL ship wondering what it was like since we had never been on one. We along with others doing the same thing noticed a balcony cabin with the drapes open and light on in the room when out came a man from using the shower in his birthday suit. :eek: He was drying off and getting ready to put on some clothes when he realized he was putting on quite a show for us as he quickly ran to the drapes and closed them.

We like others keep our balcony cabin drapes open when at sea but when tied up to a pier and there is a ship opposite we use discretion.

On our first cruise there were 4 of us in a cabin - daughter would get ready in the bathroom - we would get ready in the cabin - son would get ready out on the balcony. This worked fine while we were at sea. I have never seen our son move so fast and nose dive back into the cabin so fast as when he realized, after a minute or so, that he was putting on a show for the ship docked next to us. It wasn't until someone started hooting and cheering that he had the "duh moment We never even thought about it.

Why would you even care? :confused: It's not as if you'll ever meet any of these people. :rolleyes:

That's kinda what I was thinking, then realized your chances of ending up on youtube these days are pretty good!

That's kinda what I was thinking, then realized your chances of ending up on youtube these days are pretty good!

that was my thought - you can't even pick your nose anymore without it being broadcasted for the world to see

Archived