I may have found my deal- what is family suite size Oasis?

jpolm

Ok been searching high and low and found a great deal, for the Oasis that we've been looking for 2013, the price is definitely do able but not really thrilled about 5 in a room, there are no connecting rooms left but not a bad price..

The room location is deck 11 room number 11134 or 11500

I'll get some OBC of 75.00

plus i have my RCI of 150.00 not bad 225.00 total

Prepaid Gratutities for 2 (saving of 164.00)

is this a good deal? I think so ?

This is the least expensive i've found so far, they are saying this is a great room and location I've got a hold on it now..

and a great deposit deal 250 pp.

per others recommendations i priced freedom and it's even a sweeter deal

two ov rooms (vs the one family suite) 800 less and 2 more free prepaid gratuties

and probably more obc ..

I hoped you booked it....the Freedom truly is a great ship. We wouldn't even want to do the Oasis or Allure if the Freedom offered different shows than what we have seen already (we have seen the same shows twice and this summer will be a third time which we may skip). We like to save our money for the excursions which are really important to our teens and our youngest still gets the characters she loves onboard.

Also, hopefully the price is for the Western since you get an extra port with that itinerary, if not don't worry the Eastern will have some good things to do also.

We have had connecting oceanviews on our past 2 Freedom cruises and loved deck 2. A lot of people do not like being on the lower decks. We found it great since we never had to wait for an elevator.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. :)

I hoped you booked it....the Freedom truly is a great ship. We wouldn't even want to do the Oasis or Allure if the Freedom offered different shows than what we have seen already (we have seen the same shows twice and this summer will be a third time which we may skip). We like to save our money for the excursions which are really important to our teens and our youngest still gets the characters she loves onboard.

Also, hopefully the price is for the Western since you get an extra port with that itinerary, if not don't worry the Eastern will have some good things to do also.

We have had connecting oceanviews on our past 2 Freedom cruises and loved deck 2. A lot of people do not like being on the lower decks. We found it great since we never had to wait for an elevator.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. :)

Thank you have u been on both? They are on hod until tomm. Deposit is 250 pp and have until 3/19. Airfare is not that bad and we may have some points for free flights.

I am going to take a look at freedom tonite. Oh and it's eastern what I wanted. I've done the western before.

Thank you have u been on both? They are on hod until tomm. Deposit is 250 pp and have until 3/19. Airfare is not that bad and we may have some points for free flights.

I am going to take a look at freedom tonite. Oh and it's eastern what I wanted. I've done the western before.

No, we have not been on both, we have been on the Freedom twice and are going a third time this summer. We have not been able to afford the Oasis/Allure, it is always a couple of thousand dollars more than the Freedom and at this point we don't feel that it would be worth the upcharge for us. Ports are really important to us and we usually spend around $1500 for our private excursions.

I have done quite a bit of research on the Oasis and the big differences are the shows due to the fact that the Oasis has the aquatheater. It also has a zipline and some eateries that the Freedom doesn't offer.

The extra food venues are not important to us since if we did choose the Oasis we would not want to pay extra for the up charge eateries. We also have no interest in hot dogs or donuts. The only food place that the Freedom does not have that we may get use out of on the Oasis is the Park Cafe, but again this is not really worth $2000 more to us. I am sure we would love the different shows, but if this means cutting out our excursions, our kids wouldn't be happy. The only other thing that seems fun would be the zipline, but from what I have read it is very quick and since our kids have done the bigger private ziplines in the caribbean, they would probably be bored with it. Both the Freedom and Oasis have the flowriders, rock climbing wall, ice shows and skating. Yes the Oasis has 2 flowriders, but we have never had to wait long on the one on the Freedom which is split into 2.

The Freedom also offers the character breakfast so that is something else that we won't miss. The Freedom also has a cupcake eatery which our kids had a lot of fun doing the cupcake class.

We will eventually do the Oasis class, but that won't happen until we are able to book what we need for $6000. This is not the impossible since we don't need balconies. We would even be fine with interiors. We have spent way under this on our past 2 Freedom cruises. We usually get 2 connecting oceanview cabins on the Freedom.

The fact that we are choosing to go on a third Freedom cruise tells you how great it is. You will certainly not be bored. One other thing, our kids went on the Explorer (another Voyager class ship) after going on the Freedom and told us that the Freedom was a lot better. We felt the same way also but didn't say anything.

I will say that if we had no intentions of doing excursions, we would definitely go with the Oasis over the Freedom. I think the price you got for the Oasis is a good deal if you went with it.

The fact that we are choosing to go on a third Freedom cruise tells you how great it is. You will certainly not be bored. One other thing, our kids went on the Explorer (another Voyager class ship) after going on the Freedom and told us that the Freedom was a lot better. We felt the same way also but didn't say anything.

I will say that if we had no intentions of doing excursions, we would definitely go with the Oasis over the Freedom. I think the price you got for the Oasis is a good deal if you went with it.

Thanks i want the oasis first but do not think I can deal with one room for that price that really is the deal breaker right now. I did the voyager when it first sailed so I'd love to try the oasis. But it seems two connecting rooms are a better option for us.

Thanks i want the oasis first but do not think I can deal with one room for that price that really is the deal breaker right now. I did the voyager when it first sailed so I'd love to try the oasis. But it seems two connecting rooms are a better option for us.

Don't worry, you will have a great time!!

We got connecting rooms on oasis - 4 people for $4800 with 100 OBC per room and reduced deposit for summer 2013. Connecting rooms are definitely the way to go. Four in a room with one bathroom and one closet is not good!!!

for 5 in a room, they make up 2 reservation numbers. Can only be done by RC - not a travel agent.

I am doing this in March - only thing I found odd was the second reservation is in my grandson's name and he is only 8.

Very few rooms other than suites will allow 5 - due to fire regs was what I was told.

We got connecting rooms on oasis - 4 people for $4800 with 100 OBC per room and reduced deposit for summer 2013. Connecting rooms are definitely the way to go. Four in a room with one bathroom and one closet is not good!!!

Yes and we have 5 of us. So the two rooms if available would probably close to a larger one family suite price. Waiting to hear back looking at allure too.

We had a family suite on Allure and it was AWESOME. That 100 extra sq really makes a difference. There are 2 bunk beds behind a curtain with its own tiny closet.

The room had 2 closets and then a couch area where you could have pulled a curtain between there and the main bed.

It would be so much better than cramming 4 in a tiny room. The only downside is you only have 1 bathroom so depending on your kids that could be a nightmare.

We got it as a free upgrade so there were only 3 of us in there but I wouldn't hesitate to put 5 in there as long as you can deal with the bathroom.

We have been on oasis once and freedom/liberty 4 times. We have kids ranging 9 to 17 in age. If you haven't been on any of those ships, freedom will be awesome - you'll love it and your kids will love it. We went on oasis in September and now my kids don't want to go on anything else, so it looks like we'll be spending a bit more on our vacations. They have even said they would bypass excursions to be able to go on oasis/allure -and they love excursions.

We have booked the family rooms on the freedom/liberty a couple of times for the kids and it worked out great for them. There is plenty of closet space and drawers everywhere. Like I said, I booked it for my 5 kids - I've never stayed in the room with them but its totally doable and if you really want to try the oasis/allure I'd say go for it. On that note though, if you've never been on anything larger than the voyager class - the freedom will be impressive as well so you can't lose with either of them.

Archived