Advice on Communication

Sejanus

Hey all

I am going to embark on the Solstice next year with 6 other groups. We are spread out over 4 different decks all located at different ends of the ship.

We were thinking Walkie Talkies but have since read that they either work poorly, are illegal or banned, or hated and frowned upon by other cruisers.

So, How do people communicate with larger groups like mine, spread out all over the ship.

Btw, Phones won't work where we are sailing. Also, i'm referring to communication on the ship.

Thanks

Sej

Hi Sej,

Don't forget that you will all have room phones and can leave messages for each other. In addition, there are phones conveniently located on the ship too.

I travelled with a group of teachers and even though we did our "own thing" most days, we got together at meal times. We decided to make rendezvous times mid day for those who wished to connect. We had a location in the buffet area (for us it was the make your own salad area) at noon each day. This gave us a chance to make plans for the evening or the next day.

Have a great cruise.

Hi, every cabin has a phone, you could leave a message. Are ya'll

doing activities together every day? Maybe plan ahead and then

you could say, ok folks, meet for dinner at x time:)

6 groups? You mean 6 couples/12 people?.....is this a port intensive

cruise? Are you doing all your tours together? If it is a big group I

would think a lot of things might be planned ahead of time.

Again, cabin phones work to call each other:)

Personally, I find that Walkie Talkies are irritating to other passengers. People tend to speak too loud.

We travel with friends and have never had an issue with finding anyone. We usually meet for lunch at a designated spot, and can easily leave a message via the cabin telephones.

As large as these ships are, it's amazing how easy it is to find friends when you know where they hang out....and maybe over breakfast you each mention the events you are most likely to attend. We have travelled with four other couples on some cruises and we have never had a problem finding them.....and it was never necessary to find them RIGHT NOW!

Yes, the walkie talkies are irritating to others...they beep, they are too loud, people tend to yell into them and short messages become whole conversations that those around you don't really want to hear.

My suggestion is that you have some common times/places to meet....and you enjoy some time alone and some time with the group.

Archived