Cruising on the west coast?

Simply -- RCL Monarch of Seas does year-round 3- and 4-day cruises from San Pedro to Ensenada. The 4-day includes stops in San Diego and Catalina Island. I also thought that Vision of the Seas did a Mexican Rivera cruise from So. Cal, but other than the cruise mentioned by Kamloops, I'm afraid I don't know of any other RCL cruises originating from So. Cal.

Laurie

RCCL just released dates and prices for May '06 cruise on the Radiance (my favourite ship) departing from San Diego to Hawaii and returning to San Diego - 14 glorious nights. Wish I could go.

Oh how wonderful! I would love to do that. I'm going to look into it right now.

Simply -- RCL Monarch of Seas does year-round 3- and 4-day cruises from San Pedro to Ensenada. The 4-day includes stops in San Diego and Catalina Island. I also thought that Vision of the Seas did a Mexican Rivera cruise from So. Cal, but other than the cruise mentioned by Kamloops, I'm afraid I don't know of any other RCL cruises originating from So. Cal.

Laurie

Wonderful, thanks for the info! I'll take note of this and check around. I'm fairly new to RCI so I don't know much about the ships yet. There's so much to learn!

The Monarch does three and four day cruises. The Vision does seven day cruises to Mexico (except they go up to Alaska during the summer). Check out those two ships and then the repositioning cruises to and from Alaska (Vision, Radiance, Summit). There are some great cruises out there.

Robin :cool:

RCCL just released dates and prices for May '06 cruise on the Radiance (my favourite ship) departing from San Diego to Hawaii and returning to San Diego - 14 glorious nights. Wish I could go.

DH and I just booked that earlier today...leaving DS behind for this one - no way he can miss THAT much school. :eek:

We booked it on the spur of the moment, so I did zero research....what do they mean by a 'circle' cruise?

I just booked this a few hours ago, and I'm super excited already. There were several aft balconies left, and I booked one of them. Hawaii AND an aft balcony...what more can a girl ask for? :)

Dear Phoenix Cruiser - - - What Route Do You Propose That The Navigator Will Cruise , In Order To Get To The West Coast ?? It's Too Wide For The Canal . I Guess It's Possible That It Could Do A Couple Of 14 Day Itineraries Around South America - - But That's The Only Way.

LOL , hey :) We are getting near 100f temperatures here in Kamloops and the weather is supposed to be like this for 10 days. The boaters are out on the river by the hundreds.All the resorts are open.

You wish you could go to Hawaii now ....*scratching head*

We did the Mexican Riviera: LA to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Valarta on Vision of the Seas. We also noticed they have cruises on the Paradise and Monarch. We are thinking of doing the San Diego-Ft. Lauderdale Panama Canal cruise in the future. Princess cruises and Carnival have many choices as well. Go to any cruise web page and search by departure port to locate cruises out of your area. Have you seen the cruises from San Fran to Alaska. That's another one I'd like to try when we are visiting our grandchildren in LA. We have even done a 4 night cruise LA to San Diego, Ensenada, and Catalina Island. Great time.

Mary

LOL , hey :) We are getting near 100f temperatures here in Kamloops and the weather is supposed to be like this for 10 days. The boaters are out on the river by the hundreds.All the resorts are open.

You wish you could go to Hawaii now ....*scratching head*

Of course I wish I could go. It never get this HOT in Hawaii. Not much of breeze at my house today, unlike Hawaii. And no tropical smells and the sound of the ocean. I've actually vacationed in Hawaii in July - people here thought we were nuts. Hawaii's temp is about a constant 85 - 88 degrees no matter what the month. I'd rather be there than home cooking, cleaning and working any day. I think I'll go play my favourite Hawaiian CD and stay cool with the a/c.:D

Phoenix Cruiser - I've heard from a good source that Navigator (or any other Voyager class ship) will not be moving to the west coast. Because they can't fit through the canal, the route to get here is too long. Plus, for dry-dock, repairs, etc. the closest port would be in the Philipines. Thankfully for me, the Radiance class ships are my favourite. Now if they would have sailings on the West Coast on these ships I would be a really happy cruiser.

Sherry7 - A "circle cruise" is doing not only a circle of the Hawaiian islands, but a circle back to San Diego as opposed to the previous route on RCCL which was just one way. You're going to love it.

Dear Phoenix Cruiser - - - What Route Do You Propose That The Navigator Will Cruise , In Order To Get To The West Coast ?? It's Too Wide For The Canal . I Guess It's Possible That It Could Do A Couple Of 14 Day Itineraries Around South America - - But That's The Only Way.

Dear Brandylane - - - Perhaps the same route the QM2 is taking next year, their cruise is scheduled for 34 days.

I heard that she was moving on this board, sorry but I cannot remember the poster's name.

###

Quote: Kamloopscruiser

Of course I wish I could go. It never get this HOT in Hawaii. Not much of breeze at my house today, unlike Hawaii. And no tropical smells and the sound of the ocean. I've actually vacationed in Hawaii in July - people here thought we were nuts. Hawaii's temp is about a constant 85 - 88 degrees no matter what the month. I'd rather be there than home cooking, cleaning and working any day. I think I'll go play my favourite Hawaiian CD and stay cool with the a/c.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I'll be jiggered :eek: I only have done the reposition cruise Vancouver to Hawaii in late Sept. I was boiled like a lobster then and just figured it got warmer as summer arrives. Last August it was 90f in Skagway when we were there .

Here I am finding out that Hawaii is a nice cool climate in the summer....go figure :confused:

Phoenix Cruiser - I've heard from a good source that Navigator (or any other Voyager class ship) will not be moving to the west coast. Because they can't fit through the canal, the route to get here is too long. Plus, for dry-dock, repairs, etc. the closest port would be in the Philipines. Thankfully for me, the Radiance class ships are my favourite. Now if they would have sailings on the West Coast on these ships I would be a really happy cruiser.

Good point about the dry-dock issue, I hadn't read anything about that!

It's finally under 100 degrees here in Arizona, but I don't expect it to last longer than a few days, I'm sure we'll be back up to 114 + in no time :D

###

Of course I wish I could go. It never get this HOT in Hawaii. Not much of breeze at my house today, unlike Hawaii. And no tropical smells and the sound of the ocean. I've actually vacationed in Hawaii in July - people here thought we were nuts. Hawaii's temp is about a constant 85 - 88 degrees no matter what the month. I'd rather be there than home cooking, cleaning and working any day. I think I'll go play my favourite Hawaiian CD and stay cool with the a/c.

Well I'll be jiggered :eek: I only have done the reposition cruise Vancouver to Hawaii in late Sept. I was boiled like a lobster then and just figured it got warmer as summer arrives. Last August it was 90f in Skagway when we were there .

Here I am finding out that Hawaii is a nice cool climate in the summer....go figure :confused:

Folgy, I agree about the heat in Alaska. On all of our summer trips up there it's been really toasty. Perhaps 23 hours of sunlight will heat things up.:)

Stay cool.

Sue

Actually, September is usually the hottest month of the year in Hawaii (of course, it's all relative). Late August and through September into October are when you are most likely to roast. "Summer" proper is hot (no kidding. lol.), but not usually as hot as early fall. April/May are our favorite months for Hawaii; although the benefit of visiting in October is that the water temps are usually warmest then.

A quick note: The temperatures in Hawaii do vary by island and area. For example, the highs in west Maui in late March (2003) were in the high 70's (a couple of low 80's). I'd have to say the average temperature range throughout the islands is more like 78 to 89 degrees, leaning toward the hotter side through summer and into fall.

(BTW: My first trip to Hawaii (several years ago) was the hottest September in a long time--it did in fact get close to 100 degrees several days. :eek: )

beachchick

Phoenix Cruiser - I've heard from a good source that Navigator (or any other Voyager class ship) will not be moving to the west coast.
Hi KamloopsCruisers -

Hope that's not the case (about Voyager class not coming to the West Coast)! ....

I'm the poster who asked Captain Bang (of the Navigator) if we would get a Voyager Class ship on the West Coast.

I specifically asked the Captain last month during the Crown and Anchor repeaters party (April 12, 2005), during the question and answer period -- in front of a packed house. Captain Bang stated (more than once) that Navigator was coming to the West Coast in 2007:

(So I hope your source has older information, rather than having knowledge of a newer decision. Otherwise, I'd certainly be one unhappy guy! Plus I guess that means I'd need to change my signature below. ;) )

Cheers!

I specifically asked the Captain last month during the Crown and Anchor repeaters party (April 12, 2005), during the question and answer period -- in front of a packed house. Captain Bang stated (more than once) that Navigator was coming to the West Coast in 2007

Just adding a cross-reference to a more recent posting that also mentions Navigator moving to the West Coast:

We just booked the September 2006 version of this itinerary. Can't wait! First time to Hawaii.

I specifically asked the Captain last month during the Crown and Anchor repeaters party (April 12, 2005), during the question and answer period -- in front of a packed house. Captain Bang stated (more than once) that Navigator was coming to the West Coast in 2007:

Our captain said this too! I'm so happy! :D

Vision--Fall to Spring--Mexican Riveria

Also, 2 repositioning cruises to and from Alaska

We were going to book the 9/06 repositioning from Vancouver back to L.A. but the Radiance 14 day Hawaii came up so we booked it. We have an aft corner cabin (9256!!!!)

Monarch--year long 3 and 4 day cruises to Ensenada

It would be really nice if we could get a year-round Radiance class ship here. I think that the Hawaii cruise during fall to spring would generate enough interest that they could keep the ship on the west coast.

Archived