Navigator to the West Coast?

DON M.

I heard a rumor that the Navigator will be coming to the west coast ( we need it for sure). Anyone know anything about this. But, I really dont know how many times I can do P.V., Cabo, and Matzalan, regardless of the class of ship.

Not sure if RCI decided on the Navigator as the Voyager class vessel to head West. However while on the Vision on Dec. the Captain and Loyalty Ambassador did mention at the Diamond C&A party that RCI is sending a Voyager class ship to the west coast-- they initially said it looked to be the Explorer but Miami was still working out the details-- no date was mentioned.

Yes, the ship will have to sail the "long way" around as she won't fit thru the canal.

RCI is also looking at sailing some seasonal itins in S. America but nothing more was mentioned.

Queen Mary 2 is doing a cruise around South America to Los Angeles and to Hawai'i and back this winter.

I think with the (3 now?) Freedom class ships that RCI has ordered it's a given that one of the Voyager class ships would be sent to CA.

Correct-- with the Freedom class going to Miami-- look for the 2 Miami based Voyager class to be deployed elsewhere-- most likely permanently based in New Jersey, Galveston and Los Angeles.

RCI has been toying with the idea of putting a ship out of Bayonne year round as well as sending Voyager class to Galveston and Los Angeles.

But, I really dont know how many times I can do P.V., Cabo, and Matzalan, regardless of the class of ship.

Don: Oh, I don't know, dh doesn't fly, so we have used the west coast on all our cruises. We broke it up and did some 4 dayers and 10 dayers in between. And, now we finally broke down and booked the round trip Hawaii from San Diego to San Diego. Can't wait for a change and then we can go back to the Mexican Riviera!

Like I said before, we can only hope. Maybe thats why they are taking so long to come out with the new schedules:confused: . Everyones making a big deal about not going through the panama canal and having to go all the way around South America, well they'll only have to do it once, because once it's here it wont be leaving!!:D

Let's keep our fingers crossed that a Voyager class ship will come to LA. The West Coast cruise market needs bigger and better ships. The Vision of the Seas can't compete with the Diamond and Sapphire Princess. I'm a Diamond member on RCI and will choose Princess over RCI for Mexico cruises. RCI - hope you're paying attention.....................

I heard a rumor that the Navigator will be coming to the west coast ( we need it for sure). Anyone know anything about this. But, I really dont know how many times I can do P.V., Cabo, and Matzalan, regardless of the class of ship.

Hi Don M. -

Yes I asked Captain Bang on 4/12/05, and he told us that Navigator of the Seas is the Voyager Class ship that will be coming to the West Coast in 2007.

Here is my post where I announce this to my cruisemates from our 4/9/05 Navigator thread:

Happy (especially West Coast) Cruising!

-RSS-

Our captain on the AOS confirmed that with all of the new freedom class ships coming out, they'll send a VOS class to the west coast. He was guessing it would be the Navigator, but wasn't too certain.

I'm with you, Don! I don't know how many more times I can see Ensenada! :rolleyes:

Now the 3 day-ers for me are just a way to party the weekend away while at sea!

Hi Don M. -

Yes I asked Captain Bang on 4/12/05, and he told us that Navigator of the Seas is the Voyager Class ship that will be coming to the West Coast in 2007.

Here is my post where I announce this to my cruisemates from our 4/9/05 Navigator thread:

Happy (especially West Coast) Cruising!

-RSS-

Thanks for the confirmation, I hope the itenirary changes somewhat since after 3 cruises to the same ports its not to exciting.

I am glad they are bringing a bigger ship but I would rather it be a Radiance Class.

To me it would make much more sense to bring out a Radiance class ship just due to the size. It would compare in size to Carnival's Pride. I had heard that the extra Voyager class ship was being moved to Europe for the summer months. That makes more sense to me.

Now, do you think it was alternate between Mexico & Alaska? I don't know ANYTHING about the ports in Alaska... like if the NOS is just tooooo big to navigate around up there.... I am guessing it is.... Either way, I am glad to see a bigger ship coming over here. DH doesn't like to fly either! :(

Archived