Royal Princess Godmother

Shogun

Shogun ~

Can you please set me straight here on the other side of the pond. It is Katherine with a 'K isn't it?

And what actually is her title???? When Diana married Charles, most people called her Princess Diana, however I heard way back then, that Diana Princess of Wales was her proper title. The use of 'Princess' in front of the name, indicated Royal birth.

Either way, I think she, like Williams' Mother, is a beautiful, graceful, and seemingly gentle lady..... I hope the press will give them more peace then they ever allowed Prince Williams' Mother.

Anne

Hi Cruzer2012

Most Royals have two or more titles, as such William and Katie have a Scottish Title which is often used when they are north of the border, just to confuse the rest of the world.

yours Shogun

Shogun ~

Can you please set me straight here on the other side of the pond. It is Katherine with a 'K isn't it?

And what actually is her title???? When Diana married Charles, most people called her Princess Diana, however I heard way back then, that Diana Princess of Wales was her proper title. The use of 'Princess' in front of the name, indicated Royal birth.

Either way, I think she, like Williams' Mother, is a beautiful, graceful, and seemingly gentle lady..... I hope the press will give them more peace then they ever allowed Prince Williams' Mother.

Anne

It is Catherine with a "c" or Kate as she is more affectionately known by.

Shogun ~

Anne

You are correct. While married Diana was HRH The Princess of Wales. Princess Diana was incorrect. Only someone born a Princess can use Princess in front of her name. After her divorce she was Diana, Princess of Wales. Kate is HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, not Princess Kate or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. If the ship is launched in the UK, I don't see why at eight months pregnant she couldn't do it if her health was good. Otherwise Princess Anne would be a good choice.

Denise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

There has been a lot of mentions of Countesses. Countess (and Duchesses) are not Princesses.

However, if they go with a Countess, my choice would be the Dowager Countess of Grantham. For those who don't watch Downton Abbey (you are missing out) this would be Dame Maggie Smith.

Archived