Which balcony cabin on Allure?

tobymurph

This will be our first cruise ever and thought we'd go in style! It's a bit overwhelming looking at the cabin options. Could those of you who know this ship offer some tips on choosing a cabin with an ocean balcony? I see some balconies are not ocean view. What cabin did you choose and why? there are just 2 of us, looking for a quiet ocean balcony. Thanks for any tips!

This will be our first cruise ever and thought we'd go in style! It's a bit overwhelming looking at the cabin options. Could those of you who know this ship offer some tips on choosing a cabin with an ocean balcony? I see some balconies are not ocean view. What cabin did you choose and why? there are just 2 of us, looking for a quiet ocean balcony. Thanks for any tips!

Have you looked at the ship's layout?

Where will you be spending most of your time?

For example, we loved Central Park, deck 8 JR. Suite was great.

If you will spend most of yout time at the Solarium, maybe look for an upper deck forward.

If you are looking for quiet, maybe far aft or forward, which will avoid foot traffic in your hallways. But do not book right under the pool deck, go down to maybe 10, 9, 8, 7.

Depends on what your priorities might be.

Only you can decide because no one knows your likes and dislikes.

I had an ocean view balcony while on the Oasis. It was on deck 6, just aft of the aft elevators. Perfect location. Boardwalk just a few steps from our door. Central Park 2 flights of steps up, the Royal Promenade just 1 deck down, the Dining Room 2 decks down. The only thing not within a sort distance is the pool deck, the Windjammer and Wipe Out Cafe.

We like the location so well, that we booked in the same area on our upcoming Allure cruise.

Many people comment that they love deck 8 as they can walk through Central Park, to get from one end of the ship to the other, instead of walking the long corridors. We stayed in a D1 cabin as it is on the hump and has a larger balcony.

We spend a lot of time on the balcony and so this was a huge plus for us. We stay deck 12 as our son is 8 and goes to the Adventure Ocean kids club on deck 14. We only had one flight of stair to climb to drop him off and pick him up. We also spent a lot of time by the pool and solarium on deck 15.

I would avoid deck 14 as you may be bothered by noise from the pool deck above. Try to select a cabin with a cabin above and below it (just look at the deck plans). The oceanview balcony cabins D2-D8 are all identical in size, its just the location of them that causes the price difference. As mentioned earlier, D1 cabins are the same size but have a larger balcony.

The Central Park and Boardwalk view balconies have little privacy as you face directly onto the balconies opposite. If you select a Boardwalk balcony cabin, many comment that they like one as close to the back of the ship as possible so they can watch the Aquashow and still see the ocean. The Boardwalk can get noisy as Rita's (Allure) has party nights.

Hope this helps.

I had a boardwalk balcony 1 cabin form the aft on the 10th floor we really liked it. We had great views of the aqua shows, the boardwalk, and the wake. the only slide drawback is that is a walk to the elevators other then that I highly recommend it. It's also much less expensive then booking a standard ocean veiw.

Thanks for all your tips! It really helps to hear your opinions, even though we all have different priorities. Now that I've studied the deck plans I can see where all your preferences are located. I have a 12 year old who will be at the youth centre alot - not sure which pool we'll be at most of the time. Does choosing port or starboard make much difference on the Eastern cruise?

I've also been told the room layouts can vary. I'd prefer a cabin with the bed near the balcony - is it just the connecting rooms that have these 2 different layouts? So if I get an ocean balcony, mid ship between decks 8-12 - should be good!

I'd prefer a cabin with the bed near the balcony - is it just the connecting rooms that have these 2 different layouts? So if I get an ocean balcony, mid ship between decks 8-12 - should be good!

I have learn that you can 'count' which layout your cabin will have: search a connected cabin - the right of this cabins has the bed near the balcony

(I prefer also), the left cabin has the bed near door. You must know: the cabins comes always as a pair ( so each second cabin has the same layout )

( I hope I remember in correct way..):rolleyes:

also see for 'best' cabins: :D

try this:

http:// ***************** / CruiseShips / BestCabins.aspx?ShipName=allure+of+the+seas

(replace *** with cruiseadvice dot org , replace dot with a dot and remove blanks)

Edited by elvismeggi

Yes, Elvismeggi, you are right. I spoke with an agent today who said the same thing. The problem is that we wouldn't want a room with a connecting door. If we choose a room without a connecting door, the agent wasn't able to tell us the configuration of the room, which I thought a bit odd. Something to pursue further....

Yes, Elvismeggi, you are right. I spoke with an agent today who said the same thing. The problem is that we wouldn't want a room with a connecting door. If we choose a room without a connecting door, the agent wasn't able to tell us the configuration of the room, which I thought a bit odd. Something to pursue further....

It not depends on 'to have a connect' door, its just for counting, how the cabin look like...

The manufacturer of the cabins made it in the way I told above.

( For normal cabins , not for JS, RS etc ;) )

We had this year 6592 = bed near balcony

Edited by elvismeggi

Lot of choices! A lot may depend on knowing more about you, gut I'll throw out my 2 cents and read your replies and then your further thoughts. For a first cruise I definitely recommend an ocean view balcony. If your going on the Eastern Itinerary, I definitely recommend it as the 60 minutes or so sailing into St Thomas is beautiful and I get up early just to sit on my balcony for that arrival. (take binoculars for that). Allure does offer other choices like the Central Park and Boarwalk balcony, but get the oceanview, you can check out the others when your on board and see if they are for you.

Now, on deck choice, on any ship I like to have one deck between me and the pool deck. We like to be up high close to the pool and for the view, but I like keeping one deck between me and the pool as a noise buffer. On Allure that meant deck 12. We chose this deck for our first Allure cruise and I got it again for our 2nd one. Our first cabin on Allure was 12552 I believe and it was a great cabin close to elevators and a short walk up to the pool deck. It only had one short coming, On the night of the Solarium dance party the room was extremely noisy till about 2am. If your in that party no problem! This next time we got the last balcony on deck 12 on the starboard side. It will be a long walk back there, but its right next to a huge public balcony that few people actually use. We will probably also watch the show from back here as well as the belly flop contest. This is a view from that public balcony below.

aquatheater.jpg

We are definitely getting a water balcony. I was also considering deck 12, mid ship because of proximity of pools and kids activities. Are the elevators very efficient? If so, I guess it wouldn't matter what floor we were on..but taking a short flights of stairs might burn off a buffet lunch (: As the solarium is on deck 15, I'm surprised that you could still hear noise from there as it would be two decks above you...must be quite a party! I better go!

Does it matter which side of the ship you're on in terms of enjoying the view of St. Thomas when coming into port, or for any other ports on the Eastern route?

All the balcony cabins that have a sofabed have the bed beside the closet and the sofabed beside the balcony. We were in cabin 12594 on Oasis and 12598 on Allure. Both those cabins had the bed beside the closet. Cabins 12596 and 12600 (to the right of our cabins) had the bed beside the balcony. They did not have a sofabed. We loved the location of our cabins - D1 on the hump. No noise from deck 15.

We sailed Western so I cannot comment on which side of the boat is best. We docked with our cabin facing the port each time. Great for people watching.

We are across from the library so that will be convenient for me and probably quiet, too.

We never take elevators so being close to them is not important as we prefer all that extra exercise from stair climbing. We always choose cabins that are on decks between other mostly cabin decks as it tends to be quieter.

• 1 year later...