November cruising in the mediterranean

karleigh

We are looking at a good cruise deal for a Mediterranean cruise leaving 3rd November next year. Starting in Barcelona and visiting ports in Italy, Greece and Turkey. I was wondering about the weather at this time of the year. I have already looked at a global weather site for temps etc but has anyone cruised then and what did you experience with the weather. Thanks. Karen

Karen, when it comes to weather you just never know.

The weather will range a bit.

Odds say you'll have some rain in places such as Italy and you may have some cooler weather so you'll want to take a jacket. Greece could range from being a little nippy to being warm and the same goes for Turkey.

Even with this I prefer a cruise in the off season rather than in the summer when it is very hot/humid and crowded in port.

If you can back up the date to mid October that's a great time but if you can't I would go in early November and just realize you may have some cooler weather and some rain. But if could be sunny with warm temperature or a combination of both. After all weather does change and we live in a time when the weather patterns are quite different than the previous normals.

Keith

We are looking at a good cruise deal for a Mediterranean cruise leaving 3rd November next year. Starting in Barcelona and visiting ports in Italy, Greece and Turkey. I was wondering about the weather at this time of the year. I have already looked at a global weather site for temps etc but has anyone cruised then and what did you experience with the weather. Thanks. Karen

We were in Mykonos and Santorini in late October this year and most of the shops were shut down for the winter until April when the cruise ships are due to come back. In late October, Venice was cold, rainy and flooded.

I've actually experienced worse weather (in terms of rain) in October (2 Med cruises) than in November (3 Med cruises).

Weather in Venice that time of year isn't great, if you're stopping there. Other than that -- as Keith says -- I'd be more than willing to put up with the somewhat cooler weather as a tradeoff for fewer crowds.

I've been in Mykonos in later November (just a few days before Thanksgiving) and there were plenty of shops and restaurants open.

Archived