Pics of food from my 11/20/2012 cruise on Mediterranea

AnonymousCruiser69

Most dishes look ok but not very apetising! They dont seem to care about decorations. What type of meat is 0302? It looks like a nice cut. Dishes on MSC looked much nicer. What was your favourite? My favourite dish on MSC was a trio of king prawn, grilled swordfish and grilled squid. The king prawns on gala night were nice as well. Meat was not so good. Was there any seafood at all?

Most dishes look ok but not very apetising! They dont seem to care about decorations. What type of meat is 0302? It looks like a nice cut. Dishes on MSC looked much nicer. What was your favourite? My favourite dish on MSC was a trio of king prawn, grilled swordfish and grilled squid. The king prawns on gala night were nice as well. Meat was not so good. Was there any seafood at all?

302 was beef tenderloin (perfectly cooked this time and very tasty). i think my favorite thing was the semolina dumpling with cheese on the tomato sauce. it was something i had never that had before and it was very unusual. i'm allergic to seafood, which is why you don't see any pics of it. there was at minimum one seafood/fish entree on each lunch and dinner menu. i don't recall the specifics of them, though. there was always a vegetarian entree at each meal, too

Hi there! Great photos of the food - are the waiters happy to give you an extra dish if you are still hungry (6ft 5" son who never stops eating!). How did you get on leaving the ship? Was it an organised affair or a bit of a scrum? Sorry for the all the questions, but in the evening, were passengers dressed up or casual - I am about to plan what to put in my case and don't want to overload with evening dresses if it's a more casual affair. Thanks for your reviews, they have been interesting - one question - would you choose to cruise with Costa again? :confused:

Hi there! Great photos of the food - are the waiters happy to give you an extra dish if you are still hungry (6ft 5" son who never stops eating!). How did you get on leaving the ship? Was it an organised affair or a bit of a scrum? Sorry for the all the questions, but in the evening, were passengers dressed up or casual - I am about to plan what to put in my case and don't want to overload with evening dresses if it's a more casual affair. Thanks for your reviews, they have been interesting - one question - would you choose to cruise with Costa again? :confused:

they'll keep bringing food, no worries about that.

i ended up doing the self-debark. walked off the ship at 7:15am and caught a shuttle to the airport ($10). oddly, there was not a queue of cabs waiting but there was a shuttle service there so i grabbed that.

i thought people were dressed nicely. i saw a few 'gowns'. i would think 'country club casual'.

i don't know if i will cruise with costa again or not. since costa is the only cruiseline that allows smoking in the cabin, it is costa or nobody. i'm still ticked about the excursion getting cancelled. i usually travel to see things. this was mainly to relax and have things taken care of. it certainly accomplished that.

Thank you for the pictures - doesn't look bad - on contrary I think I will like the food! Will sail Costa in April for the first time!

you'll be fine. out of all the meals i had, there were only 2 items i considered 'clunkers'. everything else was as i expected: decent quality banquet food.

i've sailed multiple times on carnival, hal, princess and costa. they are all very similar. the worst food i ever had was on a carnival transatlantic where i lost 5 pounds in 16 days. i gained 3 on costa (i blame the chocolate croissants and other delicious breads).

I am impressed with the pictures of when you had room service in your stateroom. With the table being set up with a tablecloth and really looking rather sharp. I assume the table was already in your stateroom. Or, was it one that room service wheeled into the stateroom?

I am impressed with the pictures of when you had room service in your stateroom. With the table being set up with a tablecloth and really looking rather sharp. I assume the table was already in your stateroom. Or, was it one that room service wheeled into the stateroom?

the table was already in the suite. it did adjust from coffee table height to dining height with a pnuematic device (i changed the height myself). it was nice.

Very nice post. I had to stop enlarging the pictures--I was getting too hungry. The food looks very good and that adjustable table in the cabin sounds handy. I have not sailed Costa yet, but want to try a Costa cruise soon.

i don't know if all the cabins on costa have that table. the insides that i have sailed in certainly did not. these food photos were taken in a grand suite.

• 4 months later...

Archived