San Pedro - looking for reasonable hotel

You won't get free hotel shuttle from LAX to San Pedro but here's 2 that will shuttle you to the port.

San Pedro Inn & Suites

In city center

Situated adjacent to the Port of Los Angeles/Long Beach in the city center, this hotel is close to Los Angeles Maritime Museum, World Cruise Center, and Vincent Thomas Bridge.

Free shuttle, breakfast

A complimentary continental breakfast is provided from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. daily. San Pedro Inn & Suites also provides a complimentary shuttle to the Ports o' Call cruise ship terminal.

Free Wi-Fi, local calls

Televisions come with cable channels. Guestrooms also feature refrigerators, complimentary wireless Internet access, and air conditioning.

Vagabond Inn San Pedro

Los Angeles Maritime Museum nearby

Situated in San Pedro, this hotel is close to Los Angeles Maritime Museum, World Cruise Center, and Vincent Thomas Bridge. Local attractions also include Korean Bell of Friendship.

Outdoor pool

In addition to a cruise ship terminal shuttle and a ferry terminal shuttle, Vagabond Inn San Pedro features complimentary wireless Internet access and laundry facilities.

LCD TVs, soaking tubs

LCD televisions include premium cable channels. Guestrooms also feature deep soaking bathtubs, air conditioning, and complimentary newspapers.

Many will stay at the Crown Plaza in San Pedro. It's pretty much across the street from port. The West Coast Departures board has many other recommendations.

No hotels in the port areas will shuttle you from any of the airports. The closest airports are Long Beach (LGB), Santa Ana/John Wayne/Orange County (SNA) or Los Angeles (LAX)

Be careful of low priced hotels in the LA area. Many are in questionable areas. San Pedro being a port town the neighborhood quality can change block by block.

I agree, you are not likely to find a free shuttle from LAX to a San Pedro hotel but many San Pedro hotels do offer a free shuttle from hotel to pier. We have stayed many times at the Crowne Plaza and the Double Tree Inn and the CP is usually had by bidding on Priceline for between $65 and $85.

Thanks for the responses. I was searching through Priceline, etc., but got confused by all the different city names and could not tell if it was possible to get a dual (airport and port) shuttle like we can in some areas.

Thanks, too, for the warning about the areas. Better to spend more and be in a safe place.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was trying to bid on a hotel in San Pedro on Price Line for April 5 and was not having any luck. I added Long Beach to the bid and got Hotel Maya for $77.00 a night plus tax.

I am excited about staying in Long Beach. Hotel Maya is down the street from the Queen Mary and on the free Passport Shuttle. I am planning on getting on the free shuttle the morning of our cruise and seeing some of Long Beach before we cruise. It is supposed to be approx $15.00 for a taxi to the pier.

This is another option besides San Pedro.

I'm glad to see someone taking advantage of the shuttle to see Long Beach. Try to take it to Second Street in Belmont Shore. There is shopping, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.

The area going east is nice. Pine Street is also interesting. Some of the areas going north are not so good. (I used to work there.)

Archived