No Disney Magic in Galveston in early 2014

markpark

Wow, some of the Galveston folks were really jazzed about Disney coming to Galveston. Guess it didn't work out for them. Maybe Houston opening up has something to do with it???

Certainly makes the parking jam for ships in Galveston a little better without having to build more space.

Besides the distance from Disneyland/world

I think one reason Disney might be leaving is Galveston couldnt build another pier. Another is they couldnt make money. I could have booked a balcony cabin for $410pp(mil) for nov/dec except holiday cruises.

We really wanted to take Disney for our spring break cruise, but instead we're on Royal Caribbean. Disney is doing a six day cruise during the Texas spring break week. The ports are Cozumel and Grand Caymen with 3 sea days. Royal Caribbean (and Princess and Carnival) are doing 7 day cruises that week with Cozumel, Belize and Rotan. It's the first cruise for my sister and brother-in-law and they're worried about being bored during sea days. They didn't want to do a cruise with more sea days than ports.

I think Disney really missed with their itinerary. The week before spring break is an 8 day cruise going to Key West, Port Canaveral (for Disney World) and Castaway Cay. We would have loved this itinerary. But even if spring break was a week earlier, we still couldn't have taken this cruise because it leaves on Friday. Why would it leave on Friday and return on Saturday? Wouldn't it be more convenient to leave on Saturday and return on Sunday?

So I think that the reason Disney wasn't more sucessful in Galveston is poor choices on itineraries.

Wouldn't it be more convenient to leave on Saturday and return on Sunday?

There are only two cruise terminals in Galveston. Carnival has one locked up for 7 day cruises leaving/returning Sundays, Royal Caribbean has the other one locked up for the same.

Archived