First Time in a Prom Cabin

We two were blessed by the Future Cruise Fairy with certificates for $500 each. Did not want to waste them.

We can drive to Galveston so we decided to find the cheapest cabin that this claustrophobic woman can tolerate. I don't like the oceanview cabins on Voyager class ships. They are either on decks 2 and 3 with the ice rink in the middle of the deck serving as an obstacle, or way forward, like right in the bow.

I'm hoping that the window over the prom will serve as a deterrent to my claustrophobia. We've seen one of these cabins on Voyager that friends had and it's quite nice.

With a senior citizen discount, the cruise will cost us about $500 for two people for 7 days. I had a next cruise certificate, so we get $100 OBC as well.

I'm pretty sure I made the right decision, but I'd like to hear what others think about the prom cabins. Ours is on deck 7.

I think you made good decision. I've been in promenade cabins on Explorer twice. the window over the promenade reduced the sense of claustrophobia that an inside cabin has. I also had one that was across from the champagne bar and I was able to see out the cabin window, across the promenade and to a window in the champagne bar and could see the water. that was an extra bonus.

Kelly, my brother in law has a prom across from our bal on deck 8, we are on the Explorer in a few days. He has a clastropia problem also, but as a single, we got him a good deal and I'm hoping this will work for him as this is his first cruise. I will report back after 12/23/12 or after xmas with his experience. I do know that you must close your drapes while dressing or you may be giving your neighbors across the way an x rated show:eek:

We had promenade cabins on the Voyager last year and thought they were very nice. They are great for watching the parades and all of the activity from the comfort of the sofa in your own cabin. My wife's sister and her husband were across from us so that was fun.

Just remember to close the drapes if you are one of those who likes to remove all of your clothing before you enter the bathroom to get ready or it could be rather embarrassing.

Enjoy your cruise!

Check out Bionicman97 s recent review...he had a Promenade cabin and took many photos ( his baby's first cruise and he liked looking out, hence lots of pics). Also, use advanced search for the Ben And Jerry's suite- while it's a specially decorated and has an obstructed ( cow butt) view, there are many photos and people sharing their experiences in that Promenade cabin. Good luck!

I was in a Prom cabin, my 2nd cruise on Mariner. Also on deck 7, the perfect deck to me. High enough to stay reletively quiet, but low enough to see all the prominade activity. I am also claustrophobic, and with the huge window, wasn't bothered in the least. The rooms are a tiny bit smaller than reg OV, but laid out well and very doable. However, my DH and I decided we really missed being able to see the ocean. Still if I got a deal too good to pass up, I would book a prom again. Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your input. The one thing I did worry about was noise, but none of you have complained, so I don't think it should be a problem. Probably noisier on higher decks as the sound travels upward.

The cabin location is actually very close to the area where we like to have a balcony.

I will remember to close the curtains. Might be fun to watch the parade and seventies night (which is getting a bit stale :))

I think the Ben & Jerry's suite is only on Freedom class ships. From what I remember of the Voyager class ships, the cow isn't nearly tall enough to reach the windows.

I'm looking forward to the ice show. Each ship has a different one.

Archived