Private sail charter recommendation

pog27

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations on private sail charters. We'll be in st Thomas on my friends 30th birthday and want to charter a sail boat (with the crew!) for a half day to go snorkeling and relax. Previously I did this in st Thomas through jolly mon but it looks like they are no longer around.

We just chartered a sailing in St Thomas and had a fabulous time. We were on the Treazzure. We were actually married by the captain, but they charter sailings for any occasion. We met at the American Yacht Harbor near Red Hook and then sailed over to St John. We opted for a quick wedding ceremony, then we snorkeled, had an open bar, and a cheese and veggie tray. We opted for the 4 hour (1/2 day) sailing. We had such a great time and will definitely do this again!! My only complaint was that the 4 hours went too quickly!!! We booked thru a wedding planner, but if you google Treazzure Sailing Charters you should be able to find it with no problem!

The Fury gets great reviews here and on TripAdvisor. Do a search in this forum for comments and contact.

We did the Fury and had a great time sailing and snorkeling. Saw a lot of turtles, fish, reefs.

Met us right at the Havensite dock and was half the cost of ship excursion.

Take a look at Yacht Nightwind, very highly-recommended. Beautiful sailboat that goes to St John cays and beaches out of the Sapphire Marina.

We're looking at that one during a visit to STT next month.

http://www.stjohndaysail.com/

Several other great choices here as well

http://www.**********/stthomas/SandL/

We sailed Jolly Mon some years ago; right from Charlotte Amalie out to an island and we got to see a lot of turtles. 1/2 day sail. I think this sailboat may have been sold.

We sailed Nightwind last time in St. Thomas (2011) because we had a group larger than six peeps; it was a good and enjoyable daysail.

Usually if we are a group of 4-6, we sail with Pat on her sailboat Independence. http://www.independence44.us/

Note the latter two require a taxi ride to a marina. We prefer sailing over to St. John out of the Red Hook area vs. sailing out of Charlotte Amalie.

Pat if you read this: can't wait to sail with you in March!

-Lori and the gang

We had a different experience with the Treazzure last week, when we found out the day of our sail that the boat was not operational for the past 2 weeks. They already had our deposit and contact information (email and phone) but didn't let us know the boat was down until 2 hours after we arrived in St. Thomas.

We also had other issues with the tour operator, Captain "Hollywood" Joe Alvarez but mostly want to get across to you that he is a very poor tour operator. Suffice to say we will never use his services again.

Be WARNED!

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations on private sail charters. We'll be in st Thomas on my friends 30th birthday and want to charter a sail boat (with the crew!) for a half day to go snorkeling and relax. Previously I did this in st Thomas through jolly mon but it looks like they are no longer around.

Hi Paul

The best day sail you will ever have will be with Captain Pat on

Independence.

She can take a maximum of 6 and you will get to some wonderful

coves when you sail over to St John.

We have sailed 4 times with her, tell her Steve from Liverpool recommended

Her web site is

http://www.independence44.us.

Good luck

We're looking at Yacht Nightwind out of Sapphire Marina based on rave reviews from locals and tourists alike. But our main day on the water will be either Daydreamer to Josts or Stormy Petrel to the Indians/Norman Caves and the Baths on Virgin Gorda.

Archived