Need help with cruise choice

Repeates

We are trying to decide on a cruise in March during our spring break in (16-24th). We have kids, 15, 9 & 7. We have only been on Disney cruises in the past and are trying to choose a cruise line with a better value, but not sacrificing too much on the food and service. I had read on one of the posts that Royal Caribbean might be way too over-crowded with kiddos during Spring Break in comparison to Princess. Two different cruises that we are looking at are, Ruby Princess and Freedom of the Seas. Any thoughts? Thank you!

We are trying to decide on a cruise in March during our spring break in (16-24th). We have kids, 15, 9 & 7. We have only been on Disney cruises in the past and are trying to choose a cruise line with a better value, but not sacrificing too much on the food and service. I had read on one of the posts that Royal Caribbean might be way too over-crowded with kiddos during Spring Break in comparison to Princess. Two different cruises that we are looking at are, Ruby Princess and Freedom of the Seas. Any thoughts? Thank you!

With the kids I would recommend the Freedom of the Seas instead of the Ruby Princess.

I hope you like the Freedom of the Seas! I know I did. If I would have seen this earlier I would have advised you to take the RCI cruise over the Princess. I am seventeen and have never been on a Princess cruise, but I have had friends who have (teens my age) and they did NOT have fun.

Hi there - it sounds like you have already booked, so this may be worthless, but here's my 2 cents: I went on Freedom of the Seas without my family (girl's trip), and thought it was totally fabulous - for grownups and kids! We just returned from taking the kids on their first cruise, and we went on Carnival Breeze. Again, I can only speak to my specific experience - but I found the Carnival Breeze trip completely comparable in terms of food, service, activities, etc. There were some specific differences, sure, but for the price difference I'd book Carnival in a heartbeat. Just my opinion!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you......we booked Freedom of the Seas last night after comparing air fares and schedules. So excited!

Great choice. You will absolutely love it, and so will they! Gorgeous ship, so much to do. My favourite cruise so far - we are just about to try Epic now so I hope it will be as good! It will be tough to compare to our Freedom experience.

Archived