Dawn, Nov 25, 2012 in review

omc329

Sorry to hear that you really didn't like the house band, Jump. For me, they were one of the highlights of the Colonial America cruise a few weeks earlier. I especially liked the ABBA-inspired show they did in the Grand Atrium. Isn't it interesting that folks can have such varied reactions to the same things? :p

Keep on cruising, and thanks for the review.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back at this. I do have a couple of days to finish up on. I neglected to take notes those last few days, so I guess it is time to work my memory a bit.

Friday morning is Cozumel. We docked at Punta Langosta, downtown at the shopping area. We took our time today, getting up and eating at the Venetian with the usual fair.

8287615755_446fdf94e6_c.jpg

8287615231_3f6db5dd03_c.jpg

We all met up and headed off the ship around 10 or so. We took a taxi over to the Money Bar, about $10 or so. At the Money Bar we went to the counter and ordered up a couple of packages from the net site. It seemed a bit confusing, but it all worked out.

Ds and I ordered the peso at $30 and sis and dh ordered the franc at $35. Ds and I got a snorkel tour and lunch, plus lemonade and pina colada. Dh and sis got the 30 minute massage plus lunch & drinks.

The money was well spent. We all had a great time.

Ds and I got our snorkel gear and headed into the water while we waited for our guide to get back from another excursion. I was having great difficulty with the mask.

The guide, when he arrived, gave us all the mechanics and such of snorkeling as we had never snorkeled before. I still couldn't get the thing to work. I felt like I was nearly drowning with water in the thing continously. He stopped, reiterated the usage, finally tried trading snorkels, and voila, it was fine from thereafter. I noticed when he took mine, he did a LOT of adjusting to it, so that was probably the culprit to my issues.

At any rate, we headed out with no further issues and went straight to where all the ship excursions were out snorkeling, (fancy that, *L*). It was like swimming inside an aquarium, jellyfish and all. OUCH! Those things sting. They are about the size of a thumb, nearly unnoticable until they are up on you, and sting like little bugs. I didn't get any welts or anything, but there was no mistaking when they stung.

After we finished our snorkel tour, our guide told us we could keep the snorkel gear as long as we wished, and how to manage the currents if we wished to head back to the area where all the fish were. We tipped him and went on our way.

We met back up with dh and sis. Sis had finished her massage and dh was getting his. I understand the massages were terrific. They both tipped well.

We got our lunches and followed up with the pina coladas. Ds decided to have a go at the massage after sis and dh kept raving on them. I passed. I'll never know what I missed.

By the time we left, we were all relaxed and happy. It was a very pleasant few hours. Another $10 taxi ride and we arrived back at the port. I would have loved to have done some shopping, but dh's knee was killing him, ds could care less, and sis wasn't really in the mood, so back aboard the ship we went.

I don't recall what we did with the remainder of the day. Dh I'm certain spent it at the cabin. Thank goodness we had the baclony.

Dinner that night was in the Venetian. I don't remember what we ordered. This is what happens when I stop taking my end of day notes. The show was Band on the Run, which we did not go see. The chocolate buffet was also tonight. Dh and I skipped that as well, but friends went. They said it looked good, but didn't taste that great. Dh and I tried the whirlpool again, hoping it might help his pain, but it didn't. So we had a quiet evening and enjoyed the balcony.

The next morning broke bright and early.

8264012679_ee39b4d6de_c.jpg

We headed down to the Venetian for another casual breakfast. Afterwards we met up with ds in the hall and kept him company in the Blue Lagoon while he ate.

The rest of the day is a blur. Dh checked out the back pain thing at the spa. Total waste. Nothing but a product sale. We did the crew show in the afternoon. Nothing spectacular, but ok. I packed things up, and totally forgot about the silver latitudes gathering. Phewey!

Our last supper was scheduled for the Venetian once again. Ds's friend joined us with the stipulation that she might leave early because she wanted to be first in line for the show. She had the opportunity to meet the comedian, Greg London, at dinner the night before and had promised to make the front row. Ds went with her.

Friends also went to the show, and loved it. Dh was in pain, no theater seats for him. I didn't really care anyway.

Sis got a glass of wine, her tablet, and sat out enjoying her balcony all evening. I enjoyed some of the music out and about, and hung with dh.

And so ended our final evening onboard.

8288806142_8125484d27_c.jpg

Sunday morning, Tampa and debarkation.

We took our time getting off the ship today. We ate breakfast in the Venetian. Our service was quicker than I'd ever seen it. Amazing how quickly they can serve a meal when they want you gone. :p

We went back to our cabins and did the final checklists for repacking. Ds, sis, dh and I met up together at 9:30 and headed for the self-disembark. The elevators of course were packed. Sis and dh waited on one while ds and I headed down the steps. We moved along through the line off fairly quickly. Customs also moved at a decent pace. We were out in no time, repacking the car, off and away from a very relaxing week. Back to the real world.

vtoria98:

Yes, I would most definitely recommend the Native Choice Chacchoben ruins tour. It was one of the highlights of our trip. I don't recall how long it took to get there, but an hour sounds about right. We were back at the ship by around 2:30 or so, and that included some shopping time in the port. The drive also goes quickly as the guide talks about various things on the way out to the ruins.

If there are other questions, I will do my best to answer. Glad ya'll got some enjoyment and/or useful info. :)

Archived