What to do with luggage?

propanelady

I want to spend some time in Los Angeles after our cruise, and I was wondering if Princess has a luggage hold or if there was some type of service that would hold our luggage until we are ready to go to the airport. Or a service that would take the luggage to the airport.

Sounds like Princess' EZ Check would be a choice. Of course there has to be a .,. But! The two times we tried to use the service it was cancelled because not enough passengers opted to use it. So would I say it is dependable? .,. No.

I would try and find a Princess excursion that most closely meets your wants. Your luggage goes with you on the excursion so you arrive at LAX together.

Option 2 would be rent a car and have the rental shuttle meet you at the cruise terminal and turn in the car at LAX.

I want to spend some time in Los Angeles after our cruise, and I was wondering if Princess has a luggage hold or if there was some type of service that would hold our luggage until we are ready to go to the airport. Or a service that would take the luggage to the airport.

Check with Princess to see if EZcheck is available in LA and ask if your airline participates, if the answer to both ??s is yes, and your flight ends in the US, sign up onboard for $20.00/pp, and on the last night of the cruise you will get your airline boarding passes and luggage tags - put your bags out in the corridor and you won't see them again until you get your destination. We've used it twice. Mike in CT

Even if you do EZCheck, you'll still have your hand luggage with you. If so, then you'll have that to carry around. The best advice is to rent a car. That way, you can throw it all in the trunk. Plus, how else will you get around LA to see what you want to see?

Even if you do EZCheck, you'll still have your hand luggage with you. If so, then you'll have that to carry around. The best advice is to rent a car. That way, you can throw it all in the trunk. Plus, how else will you get around LA to see what you want to see?

Yup, what she said. The car will give you the flexibility of time and touring plus a luggage holder. Get/use a GPS and LA is easy. The hardest part is trusting those darn freeway signs.

I want to see the Walk of Fame, the Hollywood sign, Hollywood Forever Cemetery, maybe a tour of Paramount etc. We don't have to be at the airport until 9 pm.

In that case there is a good option for you. Sunseeker tours 562-331-1230 who will pick you up from the pier in San Pedro. We took their tour about 2 weeks ago and found them to be great. They're reliable and will be waiting for you as you exit the doors of the terminal. (with your name printed in large letters on the window of their van). They have a 14 passenger van as well as a larger bus. The van only needs 4 people to make a go of it. The best part is that when using the van they'll take your luggage at no additional charge!

If you go on the bus I think there was a charge - check - plus they'll drop you off at the airport instead of taking you back to the cruise pier at no additional charge! For what you're going to pay for a shuttle or rental of a car for the day it's well worth the cost + their 4 hour tour actually turned into 6 hours. I don't know how long the 8 hour tour is but it still leaves you plenty of time to check in.

In that case there is a good option for you. Sunseeker tours 562-331-1230 who will pick you up from the pier in San Pedro. We took their tour about 2 weeks ago and found them to be great. They're reliable and will be waiting for you as you exit the doors of the terminal. (with your name printed in large letters on the window of their van). They have a 14 passenger van as well as a larger bus. The van only needs 4 people to make a go of it. The best part is that when using the van they'll take your luggage at no additional charge!

If you go on the bus I think there was a charge - check - plus they'll drop you off at the airport instead of taking you back to the cruise pier at no additional charge! For what you're going to pay for a shuttle or rental of a car for the day it's well worth the cost + their 4 hour tour actually turned into 6 hours. I don't know how long the 8 hour tour is but it still leaves you plenty of time to check in.

Wow, thanks for letting us know about this! :) We were going to rent a car and try to find our way around. This is much better. By being taken to the airport, did you miss any of the tour? We're spending the night at an airport hotel, so I assume that would work too.

OP, thanks for asking the question!

Hey "Debbie" I can't find your email !!! Bill

Wow, thanks for letting us know about this! :) We were going to rent a car and try to find our way around. This is much better. By being taken to the airport, did you miss any of the tour? We're spending the night at an airport hotel, so I assume that would work too.

OP, thanks for asking the question!

We were on a B2B trip on the Island so we only had a limited amount of time to do much touring in LA. If we had unlimited hours we would have opted for the longer tour, which was more economical but the ship was leaving around 4 PM. We also had someone on our four hour tour that had a late flight & dropped them off at the airport with plenty of time to spare. The driver knew the exact amount of time to allot to touring so he gave us the max amount of time in his van that he could. He also knew all the shortcuts in case of a traffic jam. We arrived back at the ship around 3 PM and there wasn't a soul boarding. Strange feeling to board without anyone else.

Our driver talked for the whole trip - non stop - except to answer specific questions. The only thing is that on Hollywood blvd they only allotted 45 minutes to sight-see & shop which went by quickly. Everything is way overpriced anyway for the tourists.

So much information and I can't recall half that was said but I take at least 300 photo's to jog my memory. A video camera would have been a better option for sure.

btw- they did have a good speaker system in their vehicles so everyone can hear the driver.

We were on a B2B trip on the Island so we only had a limited amount of time to do much touring in LA. If we had unlimited hours we would have opted for the longer tour, which was more economical but the ship was leaving around 4 PM. We also had someone on our four hour tour that had a late flight & dropped them off at the airport with plenty of time to spare. The driver knew the exact amount of time to allot to touring so he gave us the max amount of time in his van that he could. He also knew all the shortcuts in case of a traffic jam. We arrived back at the ship around 3 PM and there wasn't a soul boarding. Strange feeling to board without anyone else.

Our driver talked for the whole trip - non stop - except to answer specific questions. The only thing is that on Hollywood blvd they only allotted 45 minutes to sight-see & shop which went by quickly. Everything is way overpriced anyway for the tourists.

So much information and I can't recall half that was said but I take at least 300 photo's to jog my memory. A video camera would have been a better option for sure.

btw- they did have a good speaker system in their vehicles so everyone can hear the driver.

Thanks, Debbie! I've booked it for after our PC cruise on the Island. Did you have any trouble finding them or getting off by 9am?

Thanks, Debbie! I've booked it for after our PC cruise on the Island. Did you have any trouble finding them or getting off by 9am?

They told us to be there at 9 AM and were waiting for us at 8:45 AM. The new 14 passenger van was spotless & had our names in large font on the windshield & side window. It was parked curbside just outside the exit to the terminal located only 20 yards away. My HD & I only had to wait 5 minutes for the other couple & we took off. Hollywood blvd is about 35 or 40 miles away and we made 1 10 minute stop along the way at Los Angeles Olympic Stadium.

Hi,

We will also have a long day in LA after leaving a ship and were wondering where to store our luggage to do some sight seeing.

I found this company on the web: LAX Luggage Storage info@laxluggagestorage.com

Below is the response I got to an email I sent to them. You could get the bus to LAX to drop luggage off.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Thank you for your email. We would be happy to help you with your luggage storage needs at LAX. However, we do not pick up from San Pedro. A reservation is not required. All you have to do is call us at 310-670-4186 after you have collected your luggage from the carousel at LAX. We will meet you at the airport and collect your belongings. Once you are ready for us to return your belongings call us again and we will meet you at your terminal once again. We are only 5 minutes away from the airport and pick-up/delivery service takes about 15 minutes depending on airport traffic and check points. Please note we only accept cash as payment and it is due either at pick-up or upon delivery.

If you do not wish to use our pick-up/delivery service you are always welcome to stop by our office anytime. We are open 24/7.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Chayan

LAX Luggage Storage

8911 Bellanca Avenue

Los Angeles, CA 90045

310-670-4186

They told us to be there at 9 AM and were waiting for us at 8:45 AM. The new 14 passenger van was spotless & had our names in large font on the windshield & side window. It was parked curbside just outside the exit to the terminal located only 20 yards away. My HD & I only had to wait 5 minutes for the other couple & we took off. Hollywood blvd is about 35 or 40 miles away and we made 1 10 minute stop along the way at Los Angeles Olympic Stadium.

I mentioned it on our roll call as an option for others to "kill time" before flights. This is one reason I love CC! Great information! :D

Archived