Carnivals- Hasbro The Game Show!

MrFunInTheSun

One evening all we had left to do is see the Hasbro show. We already saw all the other shows. It's cute but I don't want it to be my evening show however had no choice.

I would take a professional magician, comedian or broadway show anyday.

I prefer to be entertained by professionals not my fellow cruisers.

i feel the same way about karaoke or the legends....i don't want to see imitators or other passengers for main entertainment in the evenings.

however, this game show is great for families. it's something that can be done together and i love the idea of it! I'm looking forward to it.

Now just tell me how to get my kid on stage lol.

Be creative...If your kid is not shy....

When the CD is in the aisle doing the picking hold a sign up that says..."I'm cruising for HASBRO" or something to that nature or with face paint write Hasbro on your forehead or wear a red, white and blue afro wig with Hasbro letters glued or taped to it, Custom tshirt that says "I love Hasbro and Carnival" etc, etc, etc. if you don't mind being alittle silly! remember you will never see any of those people ever again! :D

Only thing with a tshirt might be harder for the CD to see especially on a kid. Something that really stands out would be better.....

The kids go to the showroom and want the aisle seats....Most that are picked are not in the aisle seat. Most were 5 people away from the aisle. CD also picks from the back section too. All the kids wanted to sit in the front.

Have fun!!

By the way..... TEAM EDWARD!!!

This is not a true statement. The show was in addition to the nightly show.

IMG_4963.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Glad to see the truth of one side of the argument that it's not the only entertainment on certain nights. Now, the side that says it is the only entertainment offered on certain nights need to produce their evidence. I'm perfectly willing to accept that it was all that was offered on certain nights, so long as they can produce that evidence. Otherwise, to me, they are just people who are trying to stir the pot and complain and just be negative.

It looks like fun! I love gameshows. I hope they have it on the Dream when I go in February.

Me too. I am one of those people that likes game shows, likes the Love and Marriage show and does not really care that much for magicians, juggling, dancing or whatever kind of shows they have. I plan to check it out on Conquest. Last cruise on the Conquest we checked out exactly 0 shows, went to see 0 comedians. This cruise I may get out. After its over, I might even stay up and send DD to late night baby sitting so DH and I can hit the bar. :D

I realize not everyone agrees and there are some that like the production shows, musicals or whatever. It is unfortunate if they have cut out that kind of entertainment for those people that enjoy it. But by the same token, I hope people realize that its not like Carnival is just taking away all the entertainment. There are some people that actually LIKE this kind of entertainment. I do agree that they need to have a mix of entertainment, game shows, comedians, and other types of shows with professional dancers/entertainers, hopefully they have it or get a clue. ;)

This is not a true statement. The show was in addition to the nightly show.

IMG_4963.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

May have been true on your sailing, but last night on the Glory the ONLY show in the theater was Love n Marriage and the night before the ONLY show was Hasbro. Also on both these nights there were no comedy shows, none. Sorry I don't have a photo hosting account to "prove" it to you with pictures.

Carnival used to have a fly in entertainer on one of the off nights, a juggler a motown review etc.. Now they just use the guests (free) as the entertainment.

I have to confess I went to the show half heartedly on the Breeze with my mind made up I was going to hate it.

I thought it was going to be cheesy and tacky....

and (just my opinion)..I was wrong.

It gets the entire audience involved to fill the slots that gets up on stage....

the games were fun....

you did not have to be athletic or particularly skilled....

Butch made it totally fun!!

i feel the same way about karaoke or the legends....i don't want to see imitators or other passengers for main entertainment in the evenings.

however, this game show is great for families. it's something that can be done together and i love the idea of it! I'm looking forward to it.

You will be happy to know they do not have the Legends Show on the Breeze....

they do not use the Stage band at all in the Theater for Shows...it is all pre-recorded tracks.

The Stage band is now the Cover band...so no Asian bands, which made me sad.

The Stage Band are wonderful individuals that are talented beyond compare....but there is a huge difference between a Stage Band and a Cover band.....and it showed.

They are going in the wrong direction. RCL AND NCL entertainment runs circles around CCL. Yes, I no one can always change their cruise preference. Eventually, it might catch up with them if they keep making these brilliant upgrades to the Funships. Price is not a factor between them if you shop and are flexible.

Carnival is a budget cruise line. They offer dirt cheap rates that almost everyone can afford. Can't expect quality shows and great service at those rates they offer. That being said you can have a great cruise on Carnival if you are ok with your fellow cruisers entertaining you and slacking service. They do offer nice cabins and great deck parties.

I'm looking forward to the brand new NCL Breakaway....Their entertainment is....Cirque Dreams, Burn the FLoor, Rock of ages, Rock and Roll Piano show, Second city comedy and many different areas for music and dance including a jazz club and deck parties. With that said the rate is almost triple then carnival. How the service will be...time will tell. Looks like NCL is rolling out their new ships with a bang.

I'm just off "Ecstasy", and didn't really care too much for the Hasbro thingy. As of my cruise, they have discontinued the SuperStar Talent Show, and instead have started doing the "Love & Marriage" show in the evening, after the Hasbro Thingy! :mad: That evening, in the main lounge was a total Zero for me. I asked if the decision to do away with the "SuperStar Talent Show" was fleet wide, or just aboard "Ecstasy", and was told that they were considering what to do, and that no concrete decision had been made yet? :rolleyes: I guess time will tell.

Oh yes,,,the BIG production shows,,,,ie: The Brits, and Motor City were both excellent IMO, but were done three times EACH on a 5 day cruise! I really felt sorry for the eight singer/dancers who perform in those shows, and for the passengers who might have wanted to see something else in those five days?

"SKY"

Carnival is a budget cruise line. They offer dirt cheap rates that almost everyone can afford. Can't expect quality shows and great service at those rates they offer. That being said you can have a great cruise on Carnival if you are ok with your fellow cruisers entertaining you and slacking service. They do offer nice cabins and great deck parties.

I'm looking forward to the brand new NCL Breakaway....Their entertainment is....Cirque Dreams, Burn the FLoor, Rock of ages, Rock and Roll Piano show, Second city comedy and many different areas for music and dance including a jazz club and deck parties. With that said the rate is almost triple then carnival. How the service will be...time will tell. Looks like NCL is rolling out their new ships with a bang.

I'll take 3 weeks on a Carnival ship instead of being nickle and dimed to death on NCL for 1 week. You get what you pay for....enjoy paying almost three times for your Breakaway cruise and I know you paid a major premium for the Allure. I will grant you though that the Allure is on my cruise bucket list.

Since you had such a terrible time on the Breeze and you're probably never going to sail on Carnival again, why are you on the Carnival boards? Shouldn't you be researching and looking forward to your upcoming cruises on the Allure and the Breakaway and taking things from a positive perspective instead of hanging around on these boards and spinning things negatively?

The Brits, and Motor City were both excellent IMO, but were done three times EACH on a 5 day cruise! I really felt sorry for the eight singer/dancers who perform in those shows, and for the passengers who might have wanted to see something else in those five days?

"SKY"

The shows are 30 minutes each in length and by mixing up the days and having multiple showings, it gives cruisers a choice of when to see them, instead of being locked into only 1 showing over the course of a cruise. RCI has been doing this for years with their ice skating shows and I applaud Carnival for doing the same. It's a progressive move, not a cut back.

I'll take 3 weeks on a Carnival ship instead of being nickle and dimed to death on NCL for 1 week. You get what you pay for....enjoy paying almost three times for your Breakaway cruise and I know you paid a major premium for the Allure. I will grant you though that the Allure is on my cruise bucket list.

Since you had such a terrible time on the Breeze and you're probably never going to sail on Carnival again, why are you on the Carnival boards? Shouldn't you be researching and looking forward to your upcoming cruises on the Allure and the Breakaway and taking things from a positive perspective instead of hanging around on these boards and spinning things negatively?

1st time on NCL so don't know about nickel and dimed...However my drink on Carnival cost over $12 each. I think you can find nickel and diming on every cruise line to some degree. We all know cruising has changed big time through the years. I never had a terrible time it was just ok.

Oh and yes you will be seeing me on these boards as well as royal, ncl, Celebrity, Disney and princess too. Princess and Disney are on my bucket list. These cruise boards are useless if the cheerleaders only want happy happy posts posted. In reading both positive AND negative the future cruiser reading these boards can then decided if what is negative for that cruiser would also be negative for them (or vise versa)

I'm a tell it like it is person...If there is a thread questioning about Carnival's deck parties or cabins I'll be there posting both are awesome!! Carnival is not for me however I would recommend it to a cruiser if I knew exactly what that cruiser was looking for in their cruise vacation and though that it is a good fit.

Back to Hasbro....It's a cute little game show.....May appeal more to families with kiddies. However there were adults without kiddies enjoying themselves too.

The shows are 30 minutes each in length and by mixing up the days and having multiple showings, it gives cruisers a choice of when to see them, instead of being locked into only 1 showing over the course of a cruise. RCI has been doing this for years with their ice skating shows and I applaud Carnival for doing the same. It's a progressive move, not a cut back.

It depends upon what else there is to do on nights when the main show is being repeated.

They have trended toward less professional entertainment over past few years in main lounge so overall not sure if this improvement or cutback.

It depends upon what else there is to do on nights when the main show is being repeated.

They have trended toward less professional entertainment over past few years in main lounge so overall not sure if this improvement or cutback.

Sounds like if you cut back on the entertainment quality, there will be less of a draw.

Less of a draw means smaller public rooms are needed. You can cut back on that public space, and convert that space to more cabins to cram more people onto a ship.

Ah, yes. The NEW CARNIVAL SUNSHINE>

Just off "Escasty", and they have stopped doing the "Showcase of Stars", passenger talent show. Could be because of the folks here who complain about Carnival using the passengers to entertain other passengers,,,,I don't know. I do know, I'd much rather see that show than the "Hasbro" thingy! :mad:

"SKY"

Sounds like if you cut back on the entertainment quality, there will be less of a draw.

Less of a draw means smaller public rooms are needed. You can cut back on that public space, and convert that space to more cabins to cram more people onto a ship.

Ah, yes. The NEW CARNIVAL SUNSHINE>

It's called more efficient use of space. Instead of each show only appearing twice on a single evening have each show three times on three different evenings.

Have multiple competing venues and there is plenty of choice and plenty of space for everyone.

Someday the narrow minded cruise lines may figure it out. Maybe.

Archived