Silver Seas Whisper Any Advice

1964nick

we have been on several silversea cruises and the best advice i can give you is get ready to be spoiled. i think the whisper is the perfect size ship, intimate yet large enough to find all the privacy you could seek. they are extremely gay friendly and you will have no trouble meeting and mingling with all passengers gay or straight. the food is excellent ( be sure and make a list of all the dishes youd like to special order) and its great never to have to sign for a drink. im sure youll have a great time. enjoy!!!

Silver Whisper is maybe my all time favorite ship. Perfect size, absolutely top-draw service, excellent comfort, terrific food and wines. Caviar's not bad either. If you're lucky enough to cruise the best, Whisper is a great choice.

You will have an unbelievable cruise! Its hard to go back to the mass market lines after cruising the all inclusive ships (SilverSea, Seabourn and SeaDream).

Is this your first cruise? Check out the Silverseas boards as well for information as well!!

Host Dan

Dan now lets be fair. ;) Although Crystal is not all inclusive it still rates six stars with the rest. We have traveled on Silversea and felt the service and food were far superior on Crystal. Seabourne is excellent. However we enjoy the balcony and Seabourne ships do not offer them so we book PH on Crystal.

Nothing is for free so inclusive is really tallied in your fare. We had $1500.00 in cabin credits on our last cruise on Crystal and still had $400.00 left by the end of the Cruise. I would say that Crystal and Seabourne are truly the best.

crystal is a wonderful product but there are several reasons it cannot compare to seabourn or silversea. first of all you are assigned to one table and there are two seatings whereas on SB and SS the dining is open and you can dine whenever and with whomever you want. secondly, being much larger ships crystal sometimes docks far away from the center of town whereas SB and SS are able to dock right in the middle of town.(most places) third for most people drinks and tips are not included on crystal. perhaps if you book a penthouse suite your TA can get you $1500 in onboard credit but that is NOT the norm. and if you book a penthouse on crystal you will be paying much more per diem than SS or SB. if you book a regular cabin you will have a much smaller space. all that said, its a six star cruise line and excellent. but you still have to sign every time you order a drink.

Hi!

The only reason I did not include Crystal (or Raddison for that matter) was the fact that SilverSea, Seabourn and Seadream are all small, yacht like ships that happen to be all-inclusive as well. This in no way was meant to slight Crystal or Raddison. I have sailed that latter cruise lines and they are an excellent product! (Just a different cruise experience!) :)

Host Dan

Hi im 29 years old and went on Silversea when I was 26 on the Med. cruise. All my friends thought I was crazy to spend so much money and be on a ship that was going to have an average age of 50 plus. I didnt really care as I get on well with all ages but have to say it was great to prove them all wrong. It wasnt at all stuffy and there were a great mix of all ages and nationalities on board. The staterooms were the best Ive seen as were the staff. The food was over whelming ( not a bad complaint ) and it still is the best vacation I have ever had. I will definatley go again in 2006!!! There have been a few changes since I went. Moet has been replaced by their own brand and the Bvlgari soaps,shower gels etc..have been replaced also but its not the end of the world. I loved the afternoon tea service, it was nice sitting there after a day sightseeing and just relaxing with a piano playing in the back ground. If you tell the head waiter that you want a certain dish for dinner the following evening it will be done. I couldnt get over the luxury and service. There is no tipping either so you know the staff are really nice and not just looking for tipps. The entertainment on board was great too. Enjoy it will be your best vacation yet.......

• 2 weeks later...

You will love it. We usually cruise on Seabourn, but have also been on Silversea and enjoyed it very much. If you like cigars, they have a club type bar just for you, with a great selection.

We want to hear back from you after your cruise as to how it went.

third for most people drinks and tips are not included on crystal. perhaps if you book a penthouse suite your TA can get you $1500 in onboard credit but that is NOT the norm. and if you book a penthouse on crystal you will be paying much more per diem than SS or SB. if you book a regular cabin you will have a much smaller space. all that said, its a six star cruise line and excellent. but you still have to sign every time you order a drink.

We just returned from Crystal and our experience mirrored that of Suite Travels. We only booked a standard, non-balcony cabin, yet our shipboard credits paid our 12-night bar tab completely. And we're not tea-totelers, either! Our gratuities were prepaid by the Travel Agent as well.

Archived