The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Cruisetrail,

I think this has been an outstanding thread; as another poster here said, you've become the S-class guru. I find myself repeating all I've learned to our travel companions, who marvel at the depth of my knowledge, lol. (Then I confess...)

I think dh and I are pretty well off on our Adriatic cruise this summer on Silhouette (RS 1116 :D) but our friends are in 6174 (balcony gty) and are worried sick about the obstruction. Could you share a photo and ease their minds - or at least give them some clear evidence of what they'll face?

Thank you for sharing all this with us - I've lost hours and hours to this thread and loved every minute. This will be our first Celebrity experience, and I've become a bit obsessive.

Lisa

Just found this forum and have noticed the photographs posted of the piece of machinery beside this cabin. We have just unfortunately booked this cabin for next year for the Eastern Med and Greek Isles cruise and are gutted to find that our view will be obstructed by this. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or can tell us more? Celebrity say it's not an obstructed view!! Would be very grateful for any kind of help. Thanks.

Cruisetrail, You have compiled, by far, the best source of information for S-class ships. We are in Reflection cabins 1172 ans 1178. I haven't seen any mention of cabins in this area. What do you think?

Thanks so much cruisetail, for the reply. While we love aft balcony sailing and this is the larger balcony, we decided on 8160 instead- triple sized balcony with shade. We were concerned that we'd be broiling in the sun on our upcoming Med. Reflection cruise. I think we'll save aft cabins for other classes of ship unless there's a tremendous sale on SV's! Thanks again.

Ok, let's take a look at the Reflection...

Yes, 7366 is a larger balcony - on all S-Class ships.

290x2xs.jpg

:)

Cruisetrail,

I think this has been an outstanding thread; as another poster here said, you've become the S-class guru. I find myself repeating all I've learned to our travel companions, who marvel at the depth of my knowledge, lol. (Then I confess...)

I think dh and I are pretty well off on our Adriatic cruise this summer on Silhouette (RS 1116 :D) but our friends are in 6174 (balcony gty) and are worried sick about the obstruction. Could you share a photo and ease their minds - or at least give them some clear evidence of what they'll face?

Thank you for sharing all this with us - I've lost hours and hours to this thread and loved every minute. This will be our first Celebrity experience, and I've become a bit obsessive.

Lisa

6174 on the Silhouette:

2dv1kc6.jpg

I love this thread!

Any pics of C1 class Room 1674 on the Eclipse?

Also What's the dance scene like? Anywhere good to dance ? Preferably Latin Beats.

Thanks!

Edited by alexgtp

Cruisetrail, You have compiled, by far, the best source of information for S-class ships. We are in Reflection cabins 1172 ans 1178. I haven't seen any mention of cabins in this area. What do you think?

There are lifeboats below but not too close.

The overhang is not too close either.

Not bad for this ship.

2vn4413.jpg

I love this thread!

Any pics of C1 class Room 1674 on the Eclipse?

Also What's the dance scene like? Anywhere good to dance ? Preferably Latin Beats.

Thanks!

2hi418w.jpg

Dance floors:

4:42 - Atrium

5:11 - Quasar Discoteque

5:40 - Sky Lounge

Edited by cruisetrail

This is the first thread that I read when I come to CC. Does anyone have an aft photo of the Reflection. I do believe that it is just a teeny bit different form the other S class ships. Would just like to see the aft section as we have a cabin, 2223 there. Aware it will be a noisy one being under the public area, but thats okay. Thanks!!!

This is the first thread that I read when I come to CC. Does anyone have an aft photo of the Reflection. I do believe that it is just a teeny bit different form the other S class ships. Would just like to see the aft section as we have a cabin, 2223 there. Aware it will be a noisy one being under the public area, but thats okay. Thanks!!!

Lots of great pictures of Reflection here:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php?cat=29

And specifically, what you're looking for, here:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=246

Happy Sailing! We leave on her Saturday!

Edited by need2bespoiled

Cruisetrail, thank you for such a fabulous thread! I have just read all of it in one go :)

We are cruising first time Celebrity on the Silhouette and have booked 1661 which is a C2 concierge. I love the aft of the ship and tried to get somewhere quiet. Can you let me have your thoughts on this location? It would be much appreciated :)

Cruisetail. Really thorough and well presented treatise.

A comment on the 7107, 7108, 8107, 8108 Family rooms. I have stayed in 7107 on the Equinox and 8108 on the Silhouette. The overhanging bulkhead on the balcony, while admittedly causing some obstruction to the view, we found it welcome for two reasons: one - because it provides shade and can give the occupants a choice of sitting in the sun or not; and two - most importantly, being at the front of the ship the balcony would be extremely windy if it wasn't for the bulkhead, more windy than any of the other balconies on the ship. When standing at the balcony rail, in practice the bulkhead doesn't obstruct the view any more that the translucent glass balcony partitions. I think the fact that it is bulky steel rather then glass possibly makes it psychologically more of a view obstruction, when in practice (we found it at least) it is an essential wind break.

The proximity of the bridge did not cause us any concern either, in fact is was a source of interest; however I can imagine others may not feel the same.

Keep up the good work!

Cruisetrail:

Hi!! Looks like we are going to move from a corner aft S-1 on deck sixth to a Royal Suite on deck eleven (on the Eclipse). The suite number is 1607, I'll appreciate any feedback or pictures. :):)

Edited by drarill

Cruisetrail:

Hi!! Looks like we are going to move from a corner aft S-1 on deck sixth to a Royal Suite on deck eleven (on the Eclipse). The suite number is 1607, I'll appreciate any feedback or pictures. :):)

We were thinking about upgrading to that suite when it became available yesterday! There was not an available cabin close enough to put our boys in. Enjoy it.

vorbzc.jpg