Questions about the Dawn from Boston

mtsnd1900

We are seasoned cruisers looking to do an inexpensive sailing to Bermuda aboard the Dawn from Boston (drive to pier, inside room) to see the island, get away for a few days, and not break the bank. Having sailed on the best from Royal and CCL amongst others, we will make the best of the ship and entertainment no matter how much is offered. Here are some questions I am looking to find a little more information about.

1. Does NCL have an all inclusive drink package? I found this GROUP BEVERAGE PROGRAM http://www.events.ncl.com/assets/documents/18282GroupBeverageFlyer.pdf on the NCL site, but it was not clear if this is for larger groups only, or if couples can purchase it.

2. Does the ship offer a spa package for the week. We have done this in the past, and make a lot of use of it - most recently on the Dream.

3. How is the swimming pool / pool deck?

4. Bring own wine on board? other beverages? Like to bring a case of water and some 12 packs of coke when sailing CCL.

5. Bottle service for room?

Do not want to give the impression we are setting out to party it up for the week, but we are!

We are seasoned cruisers looking to do an inexpensive sailing to Bermuda aboard the Dawn from Boston (drive to pier, inside room) to see the island, get away for a few days, and not break the bank. Having sailed on the best from Royal and CCL amongst others, we will make the best of the ship and entertainment no matter how much is offered. Here are some questions I am looking to find a little more information about.

1. Does NCL have an all inclusive drink package? I found this GROUP BEVERAGE PROGRAM http://www.events.ncl.com/assets/documents/18282GroupBeverageFlyer.pdf on the NCL site, but it was not clear if this is for larger groups only, or if couples can purchase it.

Will try to help, for some of these. :eek:

The package you are talking about is for larger group's. NCL, is trying a new package, $49. per day per person per room, on three ship's at this time. All you can drink, beer, wine, hi-ball's under $10,kid's in the room must purchase the soda pkg, must purcahse for entire cruise.

Some people have reported this pkg is expanding to other ship's

2. Does the ship offer a spa package for the week. We have done this in the past, and make a lot of use of it - most recently on the Dream.

Not sure.

3. How is the swimming pool / pool deck?

Not sure what you mean

4. Bring own wine on board? other beverages? Like to bring a case of water and some 12 packs of coke when sailing CCL.

You can bring wine on board, $15 corkage fee,per bottle. The ship's water is fine, could bring empties for shore day's, fill on ship night before, chill in fridge. Coke, however much you can carry, some port's the Porter's will not handle,some will, just put room tag, on them. We put our's in a carry-on wheelie, no problem.

5. Bottle service for room?

To order a bottle of liquor for your room, just call the NCL 1-800 #, and ask for bar set-up, will be waiting in your room, you get three mixer's, and three garnishes, if not there just ask room sterward. This can only be done prior to sailing

Do not want to give the impression we are setting out to party it up for the week, but we are!

Ya right :eek: :p

Another option for wine might be this,

This was posted by 4cats1house

VIVA VINO.docx

There was a table set-up by the pool area on embarkation day.

If i have missed anything, other's please chime -in thank's .

Enjoy your cruise.

We went this year mid June and the pool area was very crowded. It felt very much like spring break with the number of college age kids. Seating was difficult to find. That said, everyone was well behaved for the most part and I didn't see any crazy drunk kids roaming around. There was a security presence around the ship like I've never seen before.

There is only one main pool with a small pool behind it and 4 hot tubs. If you have smaller kids there is a separate pool area in the back for them that is nice. There is also a pool in the spa.

Did this trip last July and had a great time.

Water and soft drinks - NCL only offers Pepsi products so lots of us do bring on our own soft drinks. No limit on the amount of pop or water though the water is just fine onboard to consume. NCL has also been offering other drink options at the buffet like lemonade and flavored water.

Wine - Corkage fee is $15 per 750-ml bottle. Larger bottles incur larger corkage fees. No boxed wine is allowed. You pay the corkage fee immediately after going through security. This is put on your shipboard account. By paying the fee, you are allowed to enjoy the wine anywhere onboard the ship: dining rooms, specialty restaurants, bars, lounges and your cabin/balcony. The corkage fee has nothing to do with removing the cork. Your cabin steward will supply wine glasses and an opener for you.

NCL is experimenting with an "unlimited drinks package." See the top of the board for the ongoing debate.

You can order bar service by calling NCL ahead of time. I think the cutoff is two weeks prior to your cruise.

Believe the unlimited spa pass is $119 a person thought I have been seeing recent reports that is was $149.

Thank you for the info everyone. Thinking we might do spa packages, bottle service and for-go the all inclusive alcohol based on price point. Looking to just get away and have some fun. Anticipate it being our first NCL cruise, though we have booked/canceled 2 EPIC trips (1x life plans changed, 1x NCL canceled all Western sailings and were sending ships to the Eastern only, we were determined to go to the Western so switched to the CCL Dream)

I did the Bermuda trip this year from NYC, in May, on the Star. The Star is a sister if the Dawn. I found the excursions to be reasonably priced. I loved my trip so much I am taking the Dawn from Boston on May 17th. This was the best time for us but i am a little afraid that we may have a few College Students on board. Please join us and sign up for our Roll Call.

One Question, where is a good place to pick up some reasonably priced water and wine in Boston? We will be there for a few days before the sailing. We are staying in the Back Bay area.

Archived