Suite Life...Take 1

tggs726

Supper excited that my wife and I just booked our first suite on NCL!

Now we just have to wait 500+ days for our sailing :eek:

I have lots of time to research and I've done quite a bit already, but what are some good things to know about the suite life??

I'm aware of most of the obvious ammenities. We've actually been able to take advantage of some of the perks previously on the Jewel and Pearl because I'm special....lol jk...I used to be a cruise agent and set up the M&G's so they have treated me well. But having a Butler and Concierge will be new to us.

Oh and since I know someone will ask, we are in a deck 10 aft penthouse on the Gem.

Thanks

-Matt

Congratulations! Nice room area, love that aft view. We were recently aboard the Star in an Aft Penthouse Suite. This was our first suite experience with NCL. What an amazing experience! You get invited to many special gatherings. The Aft Penthouse Suites are beautiful and spacious. Our Butler found out I like cookies, and brought me a plate of cookies each day thereafter. :D

We've gone and done the same thing, a deck 10 aft Penthouse on the Dawn this spring. It's our first time booking a suite. And having a Butler and Concierge will be new to us. We are pretty independent and like to do most things ourselves. So not sure what to expect. Looking forward to finding out though. Still 5 months away, but when we get back I'll pass on my thoughts of the experience.....

After getting an upsell to an owner's suite several years ago, my husband and I have been completely spoiled and when we cruise NCL, only get suites.

We enjoy all the amenities, but one we didn't try until our last cruise was the room service butler provided breakfast. In the past, we always went to Cagney's, which is really great too, but this last cruise, we took advantage of this perk. It is different than non-butler served room service in that they clear you dining table, and set it up with a tablecloth, sliverware, china, etc. Every morning we would order a continental breakfast and get the fruit plates. Each day's fruit plate was different, with little sprigs of mint, and I loved the miniature pastries and muffins - we could try different ones. I know this sounds like a minor thing, but it really started my days off with my feeling "special", if only for a week.

Of course, at home reality set in, and it was a cup of joe out of the burnt company coffee pot and 1/2 a bagel :)

One of our favorite things to do is to time dinner in our suite with sail away from at least one of the islands. Just ask the butler, in advance, for whatever dining room menus you might want.We ask a day in advance and let him (or her) know what we want and what time. (If you order from any of the specialty dining rooms you'll pay the cover charge; no extra charge for the fee free ones.)

It's magical eating a wonderful dinner on your balcony as you sail away.

Archived