Review - carnival breeze with the funatics 11/22-12/2/12

Irishlinny

Just to wrap up.....

SUNDAY - DEBARK:

Woke up really early when it was still dark and was surprised to go out on the balcony and see we had pulled in in the opposite direction, so we were facing the port. We found out later that there had been another medical emergency (we saw the ambulance from our balcony), so the ship just pulled straight in. VIP debark was supposed to meet in the Ovation Lounge at 7 am, so we didn't even bother to eat breakfast. We're definitely not used to leaving the ship that early. Must have been around 7:20 or so that we got off the ship. First snag came when the escalator stopped (AGAIN!) and they wouldn't even let us walk down it. Had to wait a few minutes while it was reset. Went down to baggage claim (which was pretty chaotic) and came to a dead stop. Apparently, the VIP luggage is staged on the side of the ship which is closest to the side it will port at (so it can come off first). Alas, we ported on the opposite side, so we had to wait for a long time while they moved all the VIP luggage to the other side of the ship and THEN off. I think we waited about 45 minutes, while my feet were rejecting the socks

and sneaks I had shoved them into. It was not pleasant. But eventually we got all our luggage and breezed right through Customs...no line! Grabbed SAS shuttle with some of our friends and headed off to FLL...arrived there around 9 or so.

I will honestly say this is probably my favorite cruise! Of course, being with a whacky fun bunch of people

has a lot to do with that. I love group cruises and highly recommend them. I have made many lifelong friends over the last 5 years with groups. I was also very impressed with the ship and the staff. Yes, there were some little bumps in the road, but I wasn't at work, or cooking, or cleaning, or listening to daughter drama...I was relaxing, laughing and making wonderful new friendships! There was sun, ocean, good food and yes, alcohol.:D As far as I was concerned, it was all good. And I would definitely sail the Breeze again without a moment's hesitation.

Fair winds and following seas to those of you sailing her...hope you enjoy her as much as we did!:)

To those who celebrate, I wish you a very Merry Christmas! And to all, I pray for a Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year!

Great review Linny.. It was one of our happiest cruises.. We hope to go on another with this gang..

Merry Christmas everyone..

Very Nicely Done, Linda!!! That's for bringing back the memories (or with all the reviews, they just keep recycling, LOL:D). Your explanation on the ship being turned around (and I did note from our balcony the presence of paramedics) and the snafu with the VIP luggage, explains a lot as to why our luggage was also delayed and the baggage claim seemed chaotically slow even 45 minutes behind you.

Re the pic of Alex the bartender, I think Cass posted a link in Alicia's (italianfemmy's)review today.

Chat on the SN soon.

Crew

Thanks, Stephen! Yes, it was a great cruise...so many fun memories! Now I can go catch up with Alicia's review and live it again!:)

Now Really why on EARTH didn`t you think your review would not be good...well you are right it wasn`t good...It was FREAKING GREAT!!!

Damn I miss Jack , Janet and Topher....and I have to wait until the btb IN October

From your review I do think I may be swayed to a larger ship....hmmmmm they are building a new one...it will be in Europe....hmmmmmm

Why, thank you, Darren! You know how much we love Spirit class ships...I was really nervous about the Breeze, but we LOVED it! We can do the Breeze while we wait for the new one to be built...just sayin!;) And Topher was more awesome than usual this trip...so much fun.

Thanks Linny and I have to agree with you...I loved this cruise and would definitely sail the Breeze again!

Thanks for the medic explanation on disembarkation day. We were suppose to meet in the theatre at 9:30am for b2b turnaround and did not even get to do that until 10:45am. It was crazy! The following week when we left the ship though we were off and in our car at 7:20am.

Hope to cruise with you and Dave again sometimes! Oh and by the way...the b2b2b was GREAT!:D

So glad to hear it was better the following week...I had a feeling the delay was particular to this cruise and the emergency. And very happy to hear the other cruises were great! Hope we sail together again!:D

Loving your review as well - great job! :D:D

Thanks, Froufie! That's quite a compliment coming from one of CC's Master Reviewers!:o

Great review Linny.. It was one of our happiest cruises.. We hope to go on another with this gang..

Merry Christmas everyone..

I agree...it was a FUN one!:)

Seems so strange seeing a review from you from a ship other than the spirit class. Nice review!

LOL! So true! Thanks much! I'm on the Victory next...my spirit class ships are disappearing:(

Great review, thank you for taking the time to do it. Right now I'm living through everyone Breeze reviews until its my turn in 155 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pleasure! Thanks for following along:) That's one of the reasons I did it...I couldn't get enough of the Breeze pics and reviews before we sailed. Enjoy!!

Love that review:D

Thanks, sweetie! We missed you!

Awwww Linny, AWESOME review my friend! Just getting a good laugh at seeing our pictures again...and I know (ahem) you probably had to comb through and pick the PG ones :) And those hot tubs below your room, we sure did get good use out of those!

We had such a blast with you guys and all of our new Funatics family. Thinking now about all of our good times....and so much more to come in Oct..wooo hooo! :D:D

Very Nicely Done, Linda!!! That's for bringing back the memories (or with all the reviews, they just keep recycling, LOL:D). Your explanation on the ship being turned around (and I did note from our balcony the presence of paramedics) and the snafu with the VIP luggage, explains a lot as to why our luggage was also delayed and the baggage claim seemed chaotically slow even 45 minutes behind you.

Re the pic of Alex the bartender, I think Cass posted a link in Alicia's (italianfemmy's)review today.

Chat on the SN soon.

Crew

OOOh thanks for the info on alex!!

Linny my darling friend ....ABSOLUTELY GREAT REVIEW....except for that pic of me and Deb on the pub crawl....I'm pretty sure we really looked liked that...but friends aren't alowed to let others see us THAT DRUNK...I mean SERIOULSY......just messing with you...but crap we looked messed up and we most likely were...ok lets face it we WERE...

Best cruise EVER...great times with everyone.....

Awwww Linny, AWESOME review my friend! Just getting a good laugh at seeing our pictures again...and I know (ahem) you probably had to comb through and pick the PG ones :) And those hot tubs below your room, we sure did get good use out of those!

We had such a blast with you guys and all of our new Funatics family. Thinking now about all of our good times....and so much more to come in Oct..wooo hooo! :D

LOL! Yeah, I really had to choose the pics carefully!:eek::p The Funatics are a wonderful cruise family, for sure!

Great job Linny :) Loved the review, each one brings back more smiles of the great time we all had.

Glad you liked it, TC! Good memories for sure!:D

Linny my darling friend ....ABSOLUTELY GREAT REVIEW....except for that pic of me and Deb on the pub crawl....I'm pretty sure we really looked liked that...but friends aren't alowed to let others see us THAT DRUNK...I mean SERIOULSY......just messing with you...but crap we looked messed up and we most likely were...ok lets face it we WERE...

No no, my dear Aussie friend...that was in the BEGINNING of the bar crawl when you were just waking up! You looked much better as the crawl progressed!;):p

No no, my dear Aussie friend...that was in the BEGINNING of the bar crawl when you were just waking up! You looked much better as the crawl progressed!;):p

Ha ha ha! Thats right.....that pic was at the beginning of the crawl! We sure did perk up later on!

I agree...it was a FUN one!:)

LOL! So true! Thanks much! I'm on the Victory next...my spirit class ships are disappearing:(

That is so true....sadly. We did the Victory in August, enjoyed the ship. Watch out the sea horses bite!

Archived