Review - carnival breeze with the funatics 11/22-12/2/12

Irishlinny

Ha ha ha! Thats right.....that pic was at the beginning of the crawl! We sure did perk up later on!

That was a pretty hilarious day!:D

You're going to have to let us know how you like the Splendor, since she will be heading to the right coast...

That is so true....sadly. We did the Victory in August, enjoyed the ship. Watch out the sea horses bite!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Victory, and yes, I heard the sea horses bite! LOL! We are already conjuring up funny ways to pad them!:p

Awesome wonderful review Linny!! Love the pictures of you and Dave too! I enjoyed your pictures and have a good feel for the Breeze. As you mentioned, maybe 2014 for the Repeat Offenders jump to the Breeze!! Karen

Definitely worth thinking about! I was very surprised at how much I really loved this ship!:)

Linda... Great Review! You brought it all back to ma and it was really good re-living it all. :D

Bob

Memories of Naked Fanny

(P.S. My standard signature takes on a whole new meaning after this cruise.)

LOLOLOL! Yes, it certainly does!:eek:;):p So glad you were able to come with us!

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed your awesome review. Sounds like you went with a great bunch of people who made your cruise unforgetable. I am pleased to hear that you loved the Breeze, since my last 3 cruises were on the Spirit class and I was wondering if the ship would be too big or crowded.

Enjoyed your awesome review. Sounds like you went with a great bunch of people who made your cruise unforgetable. I am pleased to hear that you loved the Breeze, since my last 3 cruises were on the Spirit class and I was wondering if the ship would be too big or crowded.

Thanks, Janice! Yes, it was a wonderful bunch of people, and people will make it a great cruise, no matter what. But I really did love the Breeze. Would I like to see some things be different? Yes. But with her layout and all the outside seating areas, I really didn't feel that she was massive or crowded. I see you cruise in 9 days! Lucky you!:D If you think of it, come back and let me know what you think!:) Bon voyage!

END OF CRUISE #1:

I have never done a B2B cruise before, but the general consensus from those who have is that you get walked

off the ship, turn in your Customs form, get a new S&S card, and walk back on. Not so, this time! There were

around 180 of us doing the B2B, and we were told to meet in the Ovation Theater at 9. We sat there for about

an hour while they were trying to get Customs clearance or something. They finally led us off the ship and after

climbing up a very long (not functioning) escalator, we walked a little way and then had to walk back down a long

flight of stairs (huh??). My ailing knees were NOT happy. Then they put us in a room and began giving out our

new S&S cards. Then we sat and sat and SAT! More Customs nonsense I think...who knows. Finally they let us

back on the ship...I think it was close to noon. FAIL. But it was certainly nice to just be able to jump right back

into cruise mode without having to wait for luggage, unpack or figure out the ship!

I don't think Carnival handles too many B2B cruises. When we did ours not one person knew what to do. We did not leave the ship at all! We just went to customer service and got our new cards. While everyone was getting off and then on we were sampling new sauces and such for the restaurants pool side and enjoying the pool all to ourselves. I would love to do another B2B.

Thanks for the review! Getting me more excited. I appreciate your detail and pictures! Thanks for taking the time.

You're welcome!:)

I don't think Carnival handles too many B2B cruises. When we did ours not one person knew what to do. We did not leave the ship at all! We just went to customer service and got our new cards. While everyone was getting off and then on we were sampling new sauces and such for the restaurants pool side and enjoying the pool all to ourselves. I would love to do another B2B.

People do B2B's quite a bit...I'm surprised you had that issue. But sounds like you got the better end of that deal!;) I think the problem in our case was it was the first US sailing, there was such a large number doing the B2B, and I think it took a long time for Customs to clear the ship (why, I'm not sure). I also loved doing a B2B...it was so nice to start the 2nd cruise already checked in, unpacked and ready for the FUN!

Hope you have a great cruise, and happy anniversary, too!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived