upgrading at check in

poofersgrl

The ships are usually full at sailing and no other rooms available. If they are not full approaching sailing date, that's when you will see rooms discounted. If that sailing shows rooms still available, now would be the time to try for an upgrade.

The ships are usually full at sailing and no other rooms available. If they are not full approaching sailing date, that's when you will see rooms discounted. If that sailing shows rooms still available, now would be the time to try for an upgrade.

Yep, they make a big move to fill the cabins as the sailing date gets closer and the upgrade fairy gets to work.

You're sailing when we are (though we're on the Star). Our ship has been sold out for about a month. Balconies and mini-suites sold out months ago. The chances of there being an open ocean view are slim. If you're really interested in upgrading, call NCL - or your TA if you didn't book direct. But don't expect a bargain. When ships are this full, they don't have to give a good deal.

When I went to Expedia, it only shows the categories midship insides and mini suites but when you go to book, it says: "The cabin type you have requested is no longer available."

I am assuming you are going on the Dec. 30 Pearl sailing (New Years). NCL is only showing one balcony cabin #9654 (Category B2) available.

Chances are pretty non existent that you will be able to upgrade unless you can somehow snag the above-mentioned balcony.

The group had to go with someone to book. Was it NCL or a TA?

Hi All

We are going on the Pearl in 2 weeks. I was wondering if you can upgrade at check in? We have an inside, and are ok with it, but wouldn't mind trying to get an oceanview if the price is not too much.

Kelly

ok, you are going in 2 weeks, which means you will be on the NYears eve cruise right? The chances of an upgrade is slim to none, but it doesn't hurt to try. There was a time when upgrades were pretty easy to come by, some without much difference in price, but those days have been gone for years and you are talking about a very busy week.

we didn't book through a TA, we booked with a group who is handling the details. I tried calling NCL and they said I had to contact my group coordinator. I went to expedia and another site, and it showed some Oceanviews still available.

many times websites will show availability but when you try and book you find out they are sold out...And yes, you do have to go through the group you booked with. I just checked, it looks like the ship is just about full...

When I went to Expedia, it only shows the categories midship insides and mini suites but when you go to book, it says: "The cabin type you have requested is no longer available."

I am assuming you are going on the Dec. 30 Pearl sailing (New Years). NCL is only showing one balcony cabin #9654 (Category B2) available.

Chances are pretty non existent that you will be able to upgrade unless you can somehow snag the above-mentioned balcony.

The group had to go with someone to book. Was it NCL or a TA?

I was going to say the same thing: I just went in, using my company system (I am not tech retired til the end of the year) it showed exactly what you say, but when you try to book the catagory isn't available. I did call NCL just to see, they said there is a wait list. OP, I think you will have to be happy with what you have; hope your cruise is a wonderful experience.

Archived