Bert Stratton......schedule?

khut

Just got off of a GP cruise and Mauricio was in Crooners and he had quite a loyal following.

His show is entertaining but I prefer Bert Stratton as (at least when I saw him perform several years ago) he doesn't use the recorded backrouind music as Mauricio does. It is as if this is enhanced Kareoke. This seems that this is getting to be the norm as there was a steel pan player on board that employed the background music.

Bert was on 3 of my 4 Princess cruises and he was OK. I would stop and listen for awhile and then move on. A little went a long way.

My last cruise (b2b) Tom Franek was the piano man. He reminded me of Bert but I enjoyed Tom much more. Now, if we could stop him making the funny faces, he'd be perfect. He is an amazing pianist and musician and just a very nice young man.

I think he is fantastic. He is very talented. He even did Phantom of the Opera. Now that is difficult. I saw him ask for request. He must have had 40 or so request. He did some of everyone. Plus he remembered each one ask of him. He is funny like Jim Carey. He sounds just like what you"ve heard on the radio. Very entertaining. Sometimes they put him in a very tiny lounge area. Then all the walkways around it are clogged up with people standing around listening. They should keep him in a large lounge with lots of seats. He emailed me back. Bert said he is on the Caribbean Princess until April 27th. Sure he doesnt finish songs. But it is so much fun remembering all those songs you sang along with on the radio. I look forward to seeing him again. God Bless Bert! So good So good

Amen piano58! So Good So Good, LOL:D We are so looking forward to enjoying him!

• 8 months later...

Hi!

I am a huge Bert fan and have recently booked the Caribbean Princess for March to see him for the 18th time. Bert has a very large following, and Crooners is standing room only when he is performing. However, no performer can please everyone, and he definitely isn't everyone's "cup of tea." I think that he's a fabulous entertainer as well as a very nice person, and I can't wait to see him again next winter. To each his own!!!

To answer the original question, Bert has moved to Nashville to pursue his music writing career, and he is usually on a ship for 3 months and then home with his wife and young son for 3 months. He is finishing a 3 month contract on the Sapphire Princess in a couple of weeks and will be performing on the Caribbean Princess out of Houston from February 8th-May 3rd 2014. He normally posts his schedule on Facebook when he knows where his future contracts will be, but so far he hasn't posted anything for after May 3rd.

Reggie

• 1 month later...
Bert's website and Facebook page are out-of-date. Does anyone know which ship he is on now? We will be on the Royal Princess before Thanksgiving, and I am hoping ........!

I talked to Bert after his last show on the Sapphire Princess on Oct. 19th (coastal cruise). He said he was headed home to Nashville the next day and would next be on the Caribbean Princess out of Houston on Feb. 8, 2014. great show in Explorers!

I don't really care for him but his groupies are absolutely obnoxious!We were having a quiet drink with the passenger services director and were screamed at because we had the nerve to speak while the great Bert performed.We were speaking quietly and were there an hour before his rather sad performance began!Sad!

Screamed at???? Really???

Archived