Bert Stratton......schedule?

khut

We saw him on the Ruby in March. We can't figure out what all the fanfare is about his act. I'm sure he's a very nice person, but we didn't care for the show.

I'm with you! I don't have anything against the guy personally, and he is plenty friendly, but I didn't care for the act at all. Too many "Sweet Carolines" and it almost felt like he never sang a complete song, only bits an pieces. We got to the point where we tried to avoid that area, if possible.

I'm with you! I don't have anything against the guy personally, and he is plenty friendly, but I didn't care for the act at all. Too many "Sweet Carolines" and it almost felt like he never sang a complete song, only bits an pieces. We got to the point where we tried to avoid that area, if possible.

You are not alone. There is something about hearing a COMPLETE song! He did wave politely to us when we left after several songs - as opposed to some folks he sort of heckled when they departed. I can say I've seen him, but I really don't get his big 'following'.

I think he does (or should I say butchers! ;)) Sweet Caroline every night, possibly every set...

What type of show is it?

Well, it's kind of hard to explain because it's so disjointed. We've only seen him once and for us, that was plenty. He sings, he talks, he plays the piano, he tells stories.... all at the same time... but nothing ever gets finished. He's just so over the top with all of it.

Here's a video: I couldn't even watch much to see how long it was.. You know how some people just give you the heebie jeebies? That's it for me... It's just me..and a few others of you, but I know he has a huge fan base!:confused:

I am not particularly a fan nor not a fan....I have seen Bert several times on each Caribbean Princess cruise we have taken. The first time I saw him, I felt much the same as many of you have posted - "he butchers songs, he doesn't finish songs, he goes from chatting/singing/story telling/talking with the audience", etc... but that is part of his "performance". He is an entertainer - he does it with a bit of humor/music/singing/and I have seen him dance on occassion. Its a SHOW. Just like the other shows Princess has. If you want complete songs, go to where the bands are playing. If you want a little up beat entertainment that mixes music/humor/interaction go to Berts show - MHO - its one of the only Princess shows that doesn't put me to sleep. We were recently on the Golden to Alaska, and my husband - who is NOT a Bert fan - said..."I didn't realize how little there is to do at night. I wish Bert was in Crooners".

Does anyone happen to know what Bert Stratton's ship schedule is for 2013?

I don't know about Bert Stratton; however, when we were scheduling our next cruise and wanted to know Ray Coussins' schedule, an e-mail to princess.com was all that was needed. They provided us with Ray's schedule for the next twelve months.

Give that a try.

Hubby and I also are not Bert Stratton fans. It is a quite boring to hear the SAME thing over and over and over and over night in and night out. Thank goodness we are on the Emerald in February not the Caribbean Princess.

I guess I am not hard to please because I enjoyed Bert on the CB about 10 years ago. I'm amazed that there are some who don't even want him on their ship!

I guess I am not hard to please because I enjoyed Bert on the CB about 10 years ago. I'm amazed that there are some who don't even want him on their ship!

Ditto! We love his act and were thrilled to find out he will likely be on our cruise in March. Different strokes for different folks! :)

I don't really care for him but his groupies are absolutely obnoxious!We were having a quiet drink with the passenger services director and were screamed at because we had the nerve to speak while the great Bert performed.We were speaking quietly and were there an hour before his rather sad performance began!Sad!

I always enjoy Bert, but I have a brother, and a co-worker who nearly worship him! They'll do most anything to sail with him! You can bet that if I were to ask either of 'em where Bert was going to be performing, any given month of next year, they'd both know. :eek: As noted above,,,,different strokes, etc. :D

"SKY"

• 2 weeks later...

I think he is fantastic. He is very talented. He even did Phantom of the Opera. Now that is difficult. I saw him ask for request. He must have had 40 or so request. He did some of everyone. Plus he remembered each one ask of him. He is funny like Jim Carey. He sounds just like what you"ve heard on the radio. Very entertaining. Sometimes they put him in a very tiny lounge area. Then all the walkways around it are clogged up with people standing around listening. They should keep him in a large lounge with lots of seats. He emailed me back. Bert said he is on the Caribbean Princess until April 27th. Sure he doesnt finish songs. But it is so much fun remembering all those songs you sang along with on the radio. I look forward to seeing him again. God Bless Bert! So good So good

Archived