Help Chair delivery

resq2u

Help Special Needs at Sea is telling me they dont deliver on Christmas Day and thats the day we leave. Told me we would have to have it delievered earlier pay the extra fees and transport the chair to the docl ourselfs ...Now what?

We were getting 2 chairs and with luggage we will never get both loaded...Anyone no of any other service out oc Charleston SC

Are you driving? You can take your own chair with you. I did that with my small travelscoot scooter when we cruised from Charleston. It was not a problem. You drop the luggage off before you leave your car. The gentlemen who take the luggage come to the car and were very helpful. Once they saw my handicapped hang tag they removed the luggage from the trunk. Then we were directed to the parking area (very nice by the way, and it was covered and locked) where they have accessible shuttles to take you to the check-in area. I couldn't have been happier with how it was set up.

Im needing 2 scooters and would have to take a regular trailor to put both on, due to all the luggage, I was worried the ports would not want me to leave a trailor attached to the suv. I was renting a scooter cause the wheelchair is to wide for the door on the cabin , they had no handicapped rooms left when we booked.

I find it difficult to believe that your cruise line cannot help you with a place for the scooters to be delivered and kept overnight. I would call them, or the terminal, and talk to someone and nicely work your way up the ladder until someone helps you.

NOpe called CCL and they told me they can not help what a company does that their passengers rent from. But thanks for the ideal to call the terminal will do this first thing today...Any other ideals welcome, IN A BIND !

I can't believe that you are planning to get two scooters into a non-HC cabin. And you cannot leave them in the hallway. There will be no room left for you! And I can understand that the terminal can't help you...I suspect that there is noone there on the days that there is no ship in port. EM

Nope CCL could not help, but the great ideal for the port authority to help was a GREAT ideal..THANK YOU FRIEND! .....The Port Auth Police (Lt.) was willing to have them deliver early and store them for me in the terminal office..GREAT! folks down there...My happiness didnt last long... Special Needs still no go had never dont that and didnt want to, BUT all is OK found a great Company Herberts Mobility in Charleston that is delivering to us and the gentleman I spoke with treated me like family...I could not have asked for better..WHew! Thanks to Mr. Allen with Herberts he just saved our adventure !

And NO, I was not going to place 2 scooters in one room. We have 2 different cabins booked, and I am well aware of the standard room entryway, and scooters are the correct size. I would never put anyone at risk making such a decision as to leave them in the hallway.

Once agian thanks for the help and thanks for listening to me worry..

:p

Archived