Question for PH3 SUITES

scotslizzy

Well, you do if having reclining chairs is important to you ...

But there are lots of people here who still prefer the smaller ships, and they might not agree.

For me, a recliner on my veranda isn't all that important. I happen to like the "R" ships better in some respects, the "O" ships better in some others. I don't really have a preference ... but many do.

Mura

Well, you do if having reclining chairs is important to you ...

But there are lots of people here who still prefer the smaller ships, and they might not agree.

For me, a recliner on my veranda isn't all that important. I happen to like the "R" ships better in some respects, the "O" ships better in some others. I don't really have a preference ... but many do.

Mura

Hi Mura. We'd be interested to know what are the major differences between the 'R' class & newer, larger Oceania vessels. Also, any comments regarding stability. Thank you.

Our only experience so far has been a Med cruise on Marina in October 2011 and that was as smooth as glass. My assumption is that being larger, Marina and Riviera can handle rough seas better than the "R" ships. (I've had a few rough days on Regatta crossing the Atlantic, but then it was even worse on the QE2 doing Southampton to NYC in December 2004!)

Ask me this question next year ... we're doing Barcelona to Rio in November 2013 and NYC to Dover in May 2014, both on Marina.

I'm sure someone else will chime in on this question who can better answer you than I can.

Mura

Hi Mura. We'd be interested to know what are the major differences between the 'R' class & newer, larger Oceania vessels. Also, any comments regarding stability. Thank you.

The larger ships have two "extra" Specialty Restaurants (i.e. four rather than the two on the smaller ships), and a number of additional amenities such as a coffee bar (Barristas), a wine pairing restaurant (La Reserve), the Cuninary Center, and a dedicated crafting room (the Artist's Loft), as well as generally larger, cabins and Suites (in particular, the bathrooms on the larger ships are much larger).

Of course, the larger ships also carry many more passengers (700 versus 1300) and a large contingent continue to prefer the intimacy (and shorter hallways) of the R ships.

130520.jpg<-- Regatta Martini Bar

Finally, the R Ships decor is strictly traditional, while the newer ships are traditional with a modern twist.

125449.jpg<--Marina Martini Bar

Sorry for missing the main crux of your question! I confined myself to the "stability" aspect (which I couldn't really answer anyway) but Jim&Stan have covered the rest of your question far better than I could have!

Mura

I can't speak for the PH cabins on the O ships, but on the R ships definitely not. If you are in a Vista or Owner's suite, there is plenty of room to do so.

I suspect it's the same on the O ships. I agree that from the photo Jim&Stan provided, it doesn't appear that it would be comfortable even on the O ships in a PH. (In an Oceania Suite, you probably could do so.)

OTOH, with PH cabins on the O ships it seems very possible to dine comfortably INSIDE the cabin.

I have no problem with being corrected on my assumptions!

Mura

Hi Mura...

Sorry I should have clarified, we are now on the Marina.

Specifically 11008. PH2

I've been in R cabins...definately no table on a balcony on Deck 7 or 8

Well you could kinda ..but it would be very very very tight

but the suites aft and forward you could (I don't remember what Oceania calls them) because I have seen those and was invited to a party in one of them.

More than likely we will dine in the cabin a couple of times on our 18 day cruise... :)

Archived