My husband and I used the Cheers program on the Conquest. Any questions?

allbeall1

Allbeal,

What is your answer on this question? Did you try. I would think that if TDK's answer is correct, one could just order a rum and coke (hold the rum); why would Carnival not want to offer this besides the obvious that they want you to buy the unlimited soda card as well. Not to mention that this would possibly encourage more drinking, rather than a person that might want to pace themselves with a nonalcoholic drink in between drinks... Just thinking out loud...

It includes soda as well as alcohol. It's an upgraded soda card

IF the DOD's are included, simple math here- Average $10 with gratuity, if you drink 5 DOD drinks a day, total= $50; this pays for itself and any additional drinks are gravy- right?

Allbeall, I read somewhere that all adults in single cabin are required to purchase to lesson the possibility of shared drinks. Was this the policy that was presented on your ship?

Anyone over 21 in the cabin must purchase the plan. Everyone or no one to avoid sharing.

Thanks for bringing this topic up as our Ship will have this program when we travel next November and I have been curious to hear from someone that has used it first hand.

-Boomer

It was well worth it for us

no they are not....and from what I understand the 15 is not a dead set limit but that you could be refused after 15 but I could be wrong and it could be handled differently ship to ship

haha...i reread what i wrote....the soda is unlimited for sure its the alcohol that has said to have the 15 limit

So the frozen drink of the day is included without the souvenir glass. On the website it say non-alcoholic frozen drinks. Can someone verify that they would be included because that is all I ever drink is the DOD's??

Otherwise I wouldn't purchase the package.

So the frozen drink of the day is included without the souvenir glass. On the website it say non-alcoholic frozen drinks. Can someone verify that they would be included because that is all I ever drink is the DOD's??

I don't remember if I had any but I know my husband ordered a Miami Vice almost every day. It was the drink of the day at some point during our cruise. It doesn't matter what you order but there's a price limit. DOD's aren't included IF it's in the souvenir glass. Otherwise it's like ordering any other drink. We never took a drink from the DOD tray that goes around on the lido deck. We always ordered and made sure they knew we were using the cheers program.

by this it means drinks like the Red Bull energy drinks, specialty coffees, milk shakes-- stuff like that

the frozen drinks and the DOD are included without the sovernier cup.

the 15 drink a day limit-- the way it works is-- your card will count your drinks in a given 24 hour period-- at 15 drinks the bar waiter will see if you are too intoxicated to handle another.

What about beer? We usually buy buckets of beer and take what we don't drink back to the room and store it in our mini fridge. We didn't buy the cheers program because we didn't know if we could get our beer

ALL DRINKS under $10 are included, some exceptions are energy drinks, specialty coffees, and water (25% discount). DOD, frozen alcoholic, non-alcoholic, martinis, etc...as long as they are under $10 before gratuity. If the drink is $9.50+tip, it is included (tip is included in the Cheers program).

Beers are included, but NOT buckets of beers. If you want, just order the beer one at a time and ask them not to open them, it will take you about 1/2 hour to get 6 beers for the room...

Once you get to know your wait staff, you can have them bring you one beer and come back in 5 mins and order another one with the ice bucket.

As for the 15 drink limit, the bartenders when I was on the Victory said that the register counts the drinks based on a 24hour clock. So when it hits midnight the count starts over, and if they want to see if you have had 15 drinks they have to run your card and count the drinks.

That is why I don't think the 15 drink is really a limit.

And I don't understand why Carnival won't clarify this, and won't make it consistent on all the ships.

Still trying to figure out if we would get our money's worth out of this. We are not huge drinkers, especially on port days, but with soda included it might be worth it. Plus I like wine with dinner. What is the price normally charged for soda. Also if you get wine by the glass instead of by the bottle would this typically be under $10 and so covered?

I wish sobody could she some light on when this is gonna go fleet wide or at least when the magic is gonna get it as im leaving in march and would be very dissapointed if this is not offered when I go.

It is rolling out fleet wide and it seems a couple of ships every few weeks gets it. I hope the Magic gets it in less than 3 weeks! ;)

Still trying to figure out if we would get our money's worth out of this. We are not huge drinkers, especially on port days, but with soda included it might be worth it. Plus I like wine with dinner. What is the price normally charged for soda. Also if you get wine by the glass instead of by the bottle would this typically be under $10 and so covered?

Wine by the glass is covered under $10..and its also covered in the Steakhouse and Cucina del Capitano (if your ship has these pay eating venues).

Wines by the glass are covered and somewhere on CC I saw a wine price list posted and there was a pretty good selection and most were under $10

I thought I read somewhere that Cheers did not include drinks from the bar waiters who come to the tables in the MDR. Can you confirm either way?

It's only the after dinner drinks in the specialty shot glasses that are not included. If you order any normal drink in the MDR that is under 10 bucks, you're good to go.

I haven't heard shots mentioned. Are they covered in the plan?

If a shot is under 10 bucks, it's covered, unless it is one in a specialty shot glass, then it's not covered. But if you want a shot of Baileys or Kahlua or Jamison's for your coffee after dinner, it's covered. Or a shot of Jack or Patron Silver with a beer....no problem.

I haven't heard shots mentioned. Are they covered in the plan?

The pina coladas on the ship are too sweet for me. I always ordered an extra shot. I had to order the pina colada and wait 5mins for the additional shot b/c they wouldn't add it to the drink. Instead of waiting, I'd order the pina colada, my husband would order the shot, and in 5mins he'd order his drink. It didn't take long before they were letting me get the shot at the same time and run my card again 5mins later.

The pina coladas on the ship are too sweet for me. I always ordered an extra shot. I had to order the pina colada and wait 5mins for the additional shot b/c they wouldn't add it to the drink. Instead of waiting, I'd order the pina colada, my husband would order the shot, and in 5mins he'd order his drink. It didn't take long before they were letting me get the shot at the same time and run my card again 5mins later.

This is exactly what my friend did on the Victory....only it was with Miami Vice and rum......I plan to do the same