Any car rental discounts?

If you are 50 or older and have AARP, sometimes going to their site and doing a fake booking will yield you a great rate. I got a car for 11 days out of TPA by using the AARP discount code and only paid $11 per day for a compact. The car I was given was a Ford Focus and great on gas mileage. It was with Alomo.

• 1 month later...

Use your Entertainment coupon book (f you do not have one you are not saving as much money on meals as could or even groceries, etc.) , hopefully you also have an Automobile Association of America (AAA) card, many alumni associations have deals with rental car companies and hotel chains, online at almost every rental car company has some kind of discount, check with the company you work with in case their outside people have a national discount deal for their travel...

Are you a Costco or Sam's Club member? They always have travel discounts. Check with your travel agent who you booked the cruise through as they may have deals....

Heck, even through the airlines you can get rental car deals. I am using American and right there on their website, without even buying a ticket, I can get about 30% off on I think Avis. It is in their "Travel" section or something like that....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived