Imagination heading to Long Beach Jan 2014

AdrenalineRush

That doesn't make sense. I think the news report is wrong. Why would Carnival have both the Imagination and Inspiration doing 3-4 day sailings to Ensenada and Catalina? I'm thinking that Imagination is a replacement for Inspiration and not an addition. I can't imagine Carnival positioning a third ship at Long Beach less than a year after downsizing/right sizing capacity with the Splendor/Miracle swap. I'm thinking Inspiration Is coming back to the East Coast.

That doesn't make sense. I think the news report is wrong. Why would Carnival have both the Imagination and Inspiration doing 3-4 day sailings to Ensenada and Catalina? I'm thinking that Imagination is a replacement for Inspiration and not an addition. I can't imagine Carnival positioning a third ship at Long Beach less than a year after downsizing/right sizing capacity with the Splendor/Miracle swap. I'm thinking Inspiration Is coming back to the East Coast.

That is what I thought too, but the Inspiration's cruises for Jan-Apr are still posted, unlike the Ecstasy's and Imagination's.

What doesn't make sense is that they would have the Imagination and the Inspiration doing the same cruises. Didn't they learn there lesson when the Elation was doing the same cruises as the Paradise in Long Beach?

If anybody has more information, please share. I know its been hard to book rooms on the Inspiration, as she is almost at capacity. From what my Carnival BDM is saying, it's going to be a mix of the 7 night Mexico, some 3&4 days and they are going to try a few California Coastal's.

Carnival tried this once with the Paraside & Elation about 5-6 years ago. Elation was quickly sent back and started sailing out of Mobile(replacing the Holiday, which then retired from Carnival). Why not have the Imagination do something different, like 4/5 day cruises to Cabo/La Paz and throw in a few extended cruises, like some 9 day cruises down to Acapulco & Ixtapa??

We had the Elation and Paradise doing 3-4 day cruises with Splendor doing 7 day cruises all at the same time a few years ago

Then the Elation transitioned into doing 3/4 day from San Diego. And after that she transitioned into doing 3/4/5 day cruises from San Diego.

But at least the 4 and 5 nighters out of San Diego went to Cabo and did not compete with the 3/4 nighters to Ensenada out of Long Beach.

You are correct

Could you venture a guess as to why this is so? I personally enjoy SD so much more than LB as a port city. At least there are more interesting and fun things to do getting in a day or two early.

HAL still goes out of SD, I think.

Favorite line from the press release stating with the three ships Carnvial will sail 550,000 pax, more than any other cruiseline from Long Beach.

Guess that's true because only Carnival sails out of Long Beach.:rolleyes:

Wonder what days the Imagination will be sailing? There is only one dock in Long Beach, as I do not think the Queen Mary will be leaving anytime soon.

Sundays are for the 7 day cruises, Monday for the 4day and Friday for the three day. Also where will the extra cars park? It's not always full but on occassion there are special events that take over the parking lot.

Guess we will continue to take public transportation to Long Beach.

...Prior to the start-up of its new West Coast schedule, Carnival Imagination will offer a 16-day Panama Canal cruise departing Miami January 10, 2014, and arriving Long Beach January 26, 2014.

In addition to a spectacular full transit of the Panama Canal, ports of call on this voyage include Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, Cartagena, Punta Arenas, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas...

Anyone interested? I am!!

...Prior to the start-up of its new West Coast schedule, Carnival Imagination will offer a 16-day Panama Canal cruise departing Miami January 10, 2014, and arriving Long Beach January 26, 2014.

In addition to a spectacular full transit of the Panama Canal, ports of call on this voyage include Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, Cartagena, Punta Arenas, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas...

I would love to do that cruise also. Been on the Imagination twice & had alot of fun.

Wonder what days the Imagination will be sailing? There is only one dock in Long Beach, as I do not think the Queen Mary will be leaving anytime soon.

Sundays are for the 7 day cruises, Monday for the 4day and Friday for the three day. Also where will the extra cars park? It's not always full but on occassion there are special events that take over the parking lot.

Guess we will continue to take public transportation to Long Beach.

According to Carnival-

Carnival Imagination will offer three-day cruises to Ensenada, Mexico, departing on Thursdays and four-day voyages to Catalina Island and Ensenada departing on Sundays. The vessel's sister ship, Carnival Inspiration, will continue to offer a similar program from Long Beach with three-day cruises departing on Fridays and four-day cruises on Mondays.

Good question re: the parking.

i'm already trying to get a group together so far about 15 rooms

We brought her sister ship the Inspiration to the West Coast through the Panama Canal in Dec 2011 and it was a phenomenal vacation... y'all will have an absolute blast! I'd join you if we weren't bringing the Miracle through the Canal next March. ;)

Archived