another ? about inside cabin vs balconey

officerstinson

Sorry about asking this question that im sure has been asked a hundred times.......its our 3rd cruise....but 1st with kids.......we had a balconey and an inside cabin......love both......but not sure if its worth it.....help please

We are very happy with our inside cabin as we have more money to spend on excursions. We are only in the cabin to dress & sleep. If we spent money on a balcony we'd have to use it! In our case, we've never had a balcony so we don't know what we're missing.

We have booked everything from 1A's through suites depending on circumstances. While we have booked many inside cabins which we enjoyed, it was always just the two of us. I'm not sure how much I would like having a third or fourth passenger in there with us.

In addition to the balcony space, balcony cabins have a true sitting area. In most balcony cabins it is a sofa but some have tables and chairs. I think this space is important if you have more than two in the cabin. It provides a comfortable place for the occupant of the upper berth while others are dressing etc.

This is my personal preference. I'm sure many many passengers are not bothered by this. I just put it out there for you to consider and decide for yourself.

If a ship has a balcony, we will always book the balcony. We use the balcony all the time especially in the morning when we order room service for coffee. I'm claustrophobic and I would go nuts in a inside cabin. On our next cruise on the Inspiration, the only balconies are the mini suites. Considerably a lot more expensive so we are settling for a window cabin and we won't order cabin service for coffee. Also, we think that on the Inspiration cruise it will be somewhat colder and probably wouldn't enjoy a balcony as much.

However, if I were taking children with me, I definitely wouldn't get a balcony - less stress in keeping an eye on them.

I like the outside cabins with the big picture window,

not an obstructured view on the Rivera deck.

it's only a little more than the inside and the

cabin has a sitting area with a sofa.

Last cruise we upgraded the last minute

and paid $40 per person extra for this cabin.

was well worth it.

Can't do an inside as wife is claustrophobic. We book either an oceanview or a balcony...I'll get a balcony if the cost isn't too much (often on newer ships with more balcony cabins, it isn't that much more for a balcony). I love having room service breakfast on the balcony, hearing the crashing waves, and just having a more open feel.

We had a suite once, but on Carnival there isn't much value in a suite due to lack of extra perks for suite guests.

Archived