Murano or Tuscan Grille

Tropical12

Hi Everyone,

As we are new to cruising I am looking for your advice. We are sailing on the Silhouette on 10th Mar, staying in cc class. We are looking to book two of the spec restaurants. We have decided tha Qsine is a must as is seems quirky but cant really decide between Muran and Tuscan! Also is it better to do a spec rest on a sea or port day?

Thanks in advance

Eat at a specialty restaurant on a sea day so you don't feel rushed to get back to the ship for drinks/dinner.

We would pick murano which is a quiet restaurant with good service and very good continental food. My DW always has the lobster prepared at the table...I vary in my choices but we've always had an excellent meal. Murano, on the other hand, has no view..the windows are blocked with drapes/shades.

We also eat at Tuscan Grill, but in our experience, the menu descriptions sound better than the actual dishes served. I've had some good steaks and I've had some bad ones...it seems more variable than Murano where everything is good. The Tuscan grill is situated on the stern of the ship with huge windows to watch the ship's wake. It's a different atmosphere....less formal than murano.

Neither require formal dress on any night...they are always smart casual every night.

I have a strong preference for Murano over Tuscan Grille, but what is best for you really depends on what experience you'd prefer. Tuscan Grille is an Italian themed steakhouse; a few different steak options but also some pastas and other choices. More casual atmosphere than Murano and great views of the ship's wake.

Murano is like a fine dining experience. Formal, attentive service and gourmet French inspire menu. The food and ambiance to me are absolutely nothing at all like the main dining room (which is has a banquet hall ambiance rather than restaurant vibe). I have really loved almost every dish I have tried at Murano whereas some of the food at Tuscan to me has been rather mediocre. Murano also has a more special feeling and is great for a romantic dinner or to celebrate a special occasion. You get more money's worth at Murano too; a similar meal on land would cost considerably more than $40 whereas Tuscan Grill is not much of a discount versus what a similar venue would serve on land.

Eat at a specialty restaurant on a sea day so you don't feel rushed to get back to the ship for drinks/dinner.

...Neither require formal dress on any night...they are always smart casual every night.

As to port vs sea. If it is a port where you are not going far, eating early may be nice as everyone else is getting back, cleaned up, etc. We do not always feel the need to go out at every port.

I agree with Gonzo's comments regarding Murano. We ate there twice on Silhouette. Both times the service and food were incredible. It was well-worth the dining fee.

We also ate at Tuscan, but were unwhelmed by the experience. The service was only OK (always had to ask for refills on drinks) and the pasta wasn't any better than what we could get at a local eatery for about the same price. The bread was fabulous but not worth the fee.

One thing that we really liked about Tuscan was the location. We had a table by the window with an aft view so we were able to watch the moonlight play on the water while we dined. In Murano I can't remember if there were windows with drawn drapes or no windows. Either way, we didn't have a view during dinner.

I agree with the 2 previous posters. Murano is a fine dining experience. Tuscan Grill is a steak house. The steak is well prepared but nothing special. The sides are good but too heavy and unexceptional. Murano is exceptional, both food and service. I wouldn't worry about the view. At night you don't see much looking out over the unlit ocean.

You can check out the menus in advance and see what options appeal to you. Service is going to be purely a function of your particular waiters. Potentially excellent, or less so in either place. We have eaten in both numerous times and have never been disappointed in the food or service in either place. On our upcoming Reflection cruise we will eat at both again. If I had to choose one, it would probably be Murano just because it seems slightly more refined and intimate, but they are really both quite good.

Hi Everyone,

As we are new to cruising I am looking for your advice. We are sailing on the Silhouette on 10th Mar, staying in cc class. We are looking to book two of the spec restaurants. We have decided tha Qsine is a must as is seems quirky but cant really decide between Muran and Tuscan! Also is it better to do a spec rest on a sea or port day?

Thanks in advance

The ribeye steak at TG is sick! We ate at TG three times on silhouette it was that good. Murano just ok.

Hi

Well after our very first recent cruise on the silhouette we ate in both the Tuscan grill and murano, and can say without a shadow of doubt murano wins hands down for everything... Service, food, style, quality!

Tony

Archived