CB Princess in Feb - hotel question

TaylorMace

We are cruising on CB out of FLL in Feb. We are driving in the day before the cruise. Will arrive late. 1 way car rental. We would like to drop the car rental off that night and stay at a hotel that has a shuttle that will get us from the car rental that evening then take us to the port the next morning.

Where is the best place to search on CC for this type of info?

Or - anyone have some tips?

Check out the Florida departures board. Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I've stayed at the Renaissance, which I liked, and the Pier 66, which I didn't much like. I have no idea if the latter has a shuttle; the Renaissance definitely did have a shuttle, although I have never used it. Taxis are plentiful and very cheap since both hotels are 2 minutes from the cruise port and 10 minutes from the airport.

The Renaissance is good but doesn't include breakfast. Parking is also not included if you keep the car at the hotel for even a few hours.

Other options are Embassy Suites which includes a full breakfast and shuttle to the pier. Almost right next door is Hyatt Place North which also includes breakfast and shuttles. Both are a 2-minute walk to a supermarket and Total Wine and include free hotel parking.

We've stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th a few times. We like the location since Publix and Total Wine is just a few steps away. They however do not offer a free shuttle but will take you to the port for a fee...think it was about $12 per person....just can't remember the exact price...you may be better off calling a cab. There are some car rentals agencies that will allow you to return your car at the port, if not we took a cab from the FLL airport to Embassy Suites for about $15. Hope this helps. Have a great time!

We just returned from a one-week cruise on the Caribbean Princess out of Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale). We arrived the day prior to the cruise and stayed overnight at the Extended Stay America (Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruiseport). Easy reservation process, and good communication from the hotel with all the information we needed. Free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and free shuttle from the hotel to the cruiseport. Conveniently located just 2 blocks from the cruise ships! We had checked around the area and found the best rate at the Extended Stay. The rooms and staff at the hotel were outstanding. This is where we will always come from now on when cruising out of Port Everglades.

Archived